Straight Piping - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Straight Piping

I've been reading up on people straight piping their stock exhaust. This is a mod on the to do list until it's necessary for me to get a 4" setup. I don't have a welder or have found any place locally to get 3.5" pipe so I've called a few local shops around to do it for me. Every place I've called has quoted me between 75 and 150 bucks. I nearly **** my pants. I know it shouldn't be more than 30 or so. My question is do any of you know where I can get this done for cheaper around Portland or at the very least where I can score some 3.5" pipe and clamps to do it myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

noob, if you measure the length of the muffler and cat you should be ale to go to any exhaust shop and have them cut and flair a peice of pipe for you, and can probly pick up clamps at any auto parts store..i strait piped my buddys cummins for about $35 dollars that way. good luck
Old 09-28-2009, 04:17 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, dont take it to a shop like that. Cut our with a sawsall the stock muffler and cat, then like the other guy said, tell a shop you need a 3.5" pipe flared at the ends that is so many inches long. Buy some exhuast clamps from Napa, ect, and put it in there.

I did a whole exhuast for $180, charging $100 to delete a muffler is crazy.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 PM

i think richies in molalla is a little cheaper
Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to nccatfan
If I were to do mine like that, for short term use, I'd buy 2 band-clamps and a length of flex-pipe... but that's just me being cheap.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:22 AM

Bringing this back from the dead. Looking up underneath and planning everything out before I start hacking the muffler out. The s-pipe that everyone says needs to be turned 180 degrees so that it is straight doesn't look like it will end up making it straight. I know hundreds of people have done it, I just want to be sure before I start hacking it up and then needing to go to the shop and get it bent to fit.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Tennessee Powerstrokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselNoob View Post
I've been reading up on people straight piping their stock exhaust. This is a mod on the to do list until it's necessary for me to get a 4" setup. I don't have a welder or have found any place locally to get 3.5" pipe so I've called a few local shops around to do it for me. Every place I've called has quoted me between 75 and 150 bucks. I nearly **** my pants. I know it shouldn't be more than 30 or so. My question is do any of you know where I can get this done for cheaper around Portland or at the very least where I can score some 3.5" pipe and clamps to do it myself?

I bought a 3 1/2" MBRP downpipe and muffler delete pipe from Exereme Diesel, a site sponsor. I have a buddy that does exhaust and he put the muffler delete on for $20 and chvyrkr81 and I put the downpipe on. I love the way it sounds! crew991 also gave me a 6" MBRP angle cut tip for it.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:29 AM

I finally did mine! $10 for a piece of pipe and $8 for two good clamps. Half an hour latter and its done! But i need to build a hanger since the old one is welded to the muffler.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:46 AM
OBS Forever!!!!!!

just hack it off in front of the muffler and take all of it out behind. Let it dump under the truck until it is in the budget to do something different.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS96 View Post
I finally did mine! $10 for a piece of pipe and $8 for two good clamps. Half an hour latter and its done! But i need to build a hanger since the old one is welded to the muffler.
Let's see some pics.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.