Friendly Ford Dealers? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 01:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Friendly Ford Dealers?

I'm looking for a Ford dealer that won't go looking for a tuner when we have some warranty work done. I do know my local dealer (Buckeye Ford) looks. Anyone know of a friendly dealer in the Dayton, Lima area or someplace kinda close?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 04:22 AM

Kerns should be friendly, they sell the Bullydog stuff right in there Dealership. if it's just a programmer, take it out and leave it at home.

Jay
Old 02-11-2009, 03:36 PM

Thanks Jay. This is a 03 F-150 with a edge in it, he hammers on it hard all the time. I tried to get the dealer he bought it from to let me build him a trans that would hold up to him without killing the warranty and they said no. Then I tried to get them to rebuild it using parts and upgrades we paid for and again they said no. I guess we are stuck with a dealer rebuild but plan to get a core so I can build him a good trans that will take his abuse. Good to know about Kerns tho, my wife 6.0 is blowing coolant now.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 PM

The best bet is to know someone who is a tech at the dealer. I know it may not be easy but im sure if you ask around one of yoru buddies is buddies with someone.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Kings ford is great. I know a few techs up there and they have never checked for anything. He told me that they are told to check the 08s for tuners and stuff but then usually dont other then when its a expensive repair or something that breaks and its to obvious that there was a tuner on the truck

hope that makes sense

-Steve
Old 02-11-2009, 05:00 PM

Friendly dealerships

Pearson Ford in Indianapolis, IN and Joseph Ford in Grand Blanc, MI ... that's the only friendly ones I know of lol!
Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-Stroker View Post
Kings ford is great. I know a few techs up there and they have never checked for anything. He told me that they are told to check the 08s for tuners and stuff but then usually dont other then when its a expensive repair or something that breaks and its to obvious that there was a tuner on the truck

hope that makes sense

-Steve
kings for is great, I had my truck taken in there when i erased the ECM by loading the wrong tune for my truck and my buddy had to manually re-enter all the numbers or codes or something, so 96 dollars later, it ran like a champ. BUT kings for also did let loose alot of the techs and from what i heard most of the better ones are gone, but there are a few good ones
Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 AM

Just a update. We took the truck to Kerns Ford in St.Marys, Oh. They did a great job all around and the kid could not be happier with his little truck now. Ever notice how small the F-150's seem, feels just like a Ranger when I get in it now and drives the kid crazy when I tell him that. A couple of local guys told me Kerns was good and did not look for anything, soon the wifes coolant puking 6.0 goes to them.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 AM

Good to hear that everything went well, Hope everything goes as good with the 6.0.

Jay
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 AM

At the dealership I work at we look for tunners but just to unhook them before scanning, I dont care if its tuned these trucks should withstand what the drive train is capable of putting out (IMO) and the warranty should cover the repairs. Unless of course its a wiring issue or something sombodys hacked together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.