EGR Delete installed, SCT Tuner, Gauge install help? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR Delete installed, SCT Tuner, Gauge install help?

So I have my EGR delete kit installed, and had my SCT custom tunes installed, but my rear brakes were locking up on my economy tune so I took it off and haven't had any issues since.

My 05 hasn't thrown a hard CEL yet, and I am checking tomorrow PM to see if it is throwing the EGR code or not. Im thinking not.

Anyways, anyone have any experience in Cbus or around installing EGT gauges, Boost, and Trans gauges? I have everything including a CFM installed with the port, and a friend who has done it to his lightning, but Im still a tad nervous. I will buy food, beer, and fuel, for anyone that can come to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 06:32 PM

you should say where your at? i pretty sure your brakes and tunes have nothing in common. the gauges are actually pretty easy there are some write floating around here or go to dieselmanor.com the have directions on there site.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:39 PM

Sorry man, Cbus here.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:40 PM

wheres cbus?
Old 03-30-2010, 03:01 AM

Groveport is where my house is, my friends live in Gahanna where we will most likely be doing the gauges, he did go to school for this kinda stuff so I m hoping that helps. I work at Chase in Polaris.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:01 PM

So had Ricart and my mechanic both look at it. Neither could come up with anything... The Ricart tech took it home for the night to try to simulate something by driving it around Cbus. He took it out early in the day, pulled the wheels off and took the calipers apart to find nothing wrong.

My ? is, is it worth having the tech replace everything from the master back, if they can't find the issue, including calipers? Such as fluids, lines, and calipers? I do not want to spend a ton of cash as I just dumped a lot in the truck for routine maint. and I feel I might have something seriously wrong here.

Any other ideas? Should I just have them replace the calipers and call it quits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.