Tractor chips - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tractor chips

I've been seeing more and more ads in Tractor House Mag and various other farm/ranch mags i get of TS offering "chips" for tractors. Now im not talkin along the lines of sled pullers and whatever else those souped up things do but for the bigger JD's and Case's and Cats that spend most of there lives out in a field working.
IDK how many farmers or ranchers are on here but is there anybody that has one in a big Deere or Cat? How do they perform?

Yes im a hick and this kinda stuff interests me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 07:43 PM
back in the saddle

I think they call it their "Agri power" line or something like that.... I don't know anyone who uses them but I'd like to hear some first hand experience too.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have been seeing them too. They also seem to offer them for semi's!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM

i've seen alot of them and one of my buddies is thinkin about gettin one for his dads Case IH magnum sereis tractor....we've been readin alot about them...they seem to be ok....most new tractors come with a chip already in them in a way....kinda like the old IH TA....when they start feelin the right rear tire slip they slow it down and add power to the left front...its amazing....
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM

idk bout any of tat but can you put a chip on a new mahindra??? please tell me yes cause we have one and it lugs out pulling a 10 ft. bush hog up a halfway hill in first gear low range 4wd lol
i wonder if you can turn the fuel up on it or something??????????????
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM

my tractor have great power no chips at all my ford 4630 tops out at 18mph but id has a s%#^ load of torque and my IH 1086 moves right along to
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM

well does it have an inline or rotary pump???? if its inline then yeah you pri can....unless its brand new then its pri electronic just like the trucks...i just graduated like 2 weeks ago....i went to a tech school my jr and sr year...i took ag diesel mechanics.....my teacher always yelled at me when customers came in wantin more power from their tractors after an overhaul...so id be the guy my class mates would come get and id either turn it up for them or in detail tell them how to do it....
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Power View Post
i've seen alot of them and one of my buddies is thinkin about gettin one for his dads Case IH magnum sereis tractor....we've been readin alot about them...they seem to be ok....most new tractors come with a chip already in them in a way....kinda like the old IH TA....when they start feelin the right rear tire slip they slow it down and add power to the left front...its amazing....
Yeah i know what your talkin about. No expierience with that kind of thing.

What do yall think of the new JD's? I personally dont like them. Im from the OBS days of JD
We run 2 4455's, a 4055, a 4850, 4250, and one of those new 6403's. The older styles run circles around that new tractor..If your familiar with equipment you'll know what im talkin about, if not call me a redneck and be on your way
Old 06-08-2009, 08:02 PM

idk my nieghbor runs a brand new JD...and an 06 JD....they are BA...now me im a case ih guy....but yeah if i had to choose between a 1066 and a Mx 120 about the same horse....id pick the 1066....
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Power View Post
idk my nieghbor runs a brand new JD...and an 06 JD....they are BA...now me im a case ih guy....but yeah if i had to choose between a 1066 and a Mx 120 about the same horse....id pick the 1066....
Have never ran an IH. Ive been around Deeres for about 10 years. Started drivin when i was 8. Im 18 now. We've got the injection pump tweaked a tad on the 4455, that sob will pull anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.