Cub Cadet - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Cub Cadet

Ok so my lawn tractor broke. The spindle bearing for the blade siezed up again. I have been having problems with this since last year.

Well I call the 1800 number and get to some guy. Says all he can do is send me new bearings. I request to speak to his supervisor. He says his supervisor is not available. So I say let me to speak to your supervisor's supervisor, Sir there is no one else that can help you and I am not going to escalate the call. So I go round and round with him about this. he finally says that he can take my name and number and have his supervisor call me back. I told him to stop playing games with me and bsing me. I know the game take my number and you will not call me back. So again I ask to speak to his supervisor. He hangs up on me. Which only makes me more mad.

So I get on the internet boy I love the net you can find anything on it. I find a 303 number for cub cadet. Needless to say it is to corporate headquarters. Well I have a nice chat with a girl name Tiffany. Needless to say I am getting a whole new spindle assembly free problem is I won't get it for 7-10 days. So I will go to the hardware store and get two new bearings at 5 bucks and finish my lawn.

I also get to talk to a technician when I called that 303 number. Which got me insight to another problem I have with this over priced hunk of metal they call a lawn tractor. Which I will trouble shoot later today.

Needless to say Cub Cadet which was once owned by International is now owned by the renowned pos lawn tractor company MTD. Which makes all these other pos lawn tractors.

MTD, Yardman, Lawn Pro, Huskee, Husquvarna, Cub Cadet, Craftsman, the low grade John deere Sabre, Craftsman, White Lawn equipment, and the list goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
I'll give you a little more incite, Scott. The factory where they make the parts and those mowers only makes mower parts half of the year. The rest of the time, they make parts for an automaker.

This will cause you problems if you need a part at the wrong time or year, and they are out of stock!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats why i love my old 1977 snapper......
Old 05-28-2009, 04:19 PM

I know how to solve your problem you need one of these.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I remember having one of those from Lowe's. I think it was a Bowlen's [sp]. They had this deal where you can take it back in 3 months if you aren't satisfied. I bought the 'garden tractor' thinking it was heavy made enough to hold up. It chewed through the factory belt, they warrantied it for another in the 1st month, then it almost cut another. I got off to inspect it and it was leaking motor oil around the engine shaft. I loaded it up parked in the front door and told them to send me a manager. It took a 45 minutes but they refunded me my $1800 and I went and bought a John Deere for $2179. It's not a 'garden tractor' but it don't leak oil and chew through belts. They both have Briggs engines but I could have put up with the leaking oil [new seal], chewing 2 belts in 2 months don't work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.