i could be in a situation - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i could be in a situation

well i did have a blazer that was diesel and put it on craigs list and sold it to a guy in tenn.
he came and looked at it and talked me down 400 dollars and came 100 dollars off his orginal offer before he had even seen it. so he buys it knowing it needed a trans. rebuilt and he discovered that the front wheel bearing was out. i litterly told him everything i knew about it that was wrong with it. so this has been two or three weeks ago and he calls me yesterday and says the front pumpkin is broke in half completely and that i need to pay for it cause the way he talked it was "my fault" so i said well i never knew anything about it and he said that i needed to pay for it and if he had never knew bout it he would've never bought it. so he said to send him 150 bucks to his e-mail and i still havent sent him any money. to me i shouldnt be responsible for it b/c he came here and looked at it for an hour and drove it around before he bought it, and on top of that i didnt even know it was broken. i never advertised that the front end was in great cond. or in bad condition, i didnt know anything was wrong with it. so what do you all recomend i do?
i e-mailed him just now and asked him for some detailed pics to prove it. for all i know he could've done it when he was straping it down or got it home and drove it and that happened. personally i dont think i should be held acountable for any of it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2009, 06:20 PM
lifetime member

when items like this are purchased there is only the curb warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
wriott

my thought is the warrenty lasted 10 seconds or 10 feet, what ever comes first, to bad for him. if he didnt catch it when he looked at it then its his problem. i wouldnt send him a dime
Old 05-26-2009, 06:25 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This dosen't even deserve an answer, tell him to go pound sand. Used car, means used car. No warranty, implied or expressed. Simple, end of disussion.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Desert Storm Vet

Send a message via Yahoo to dercody
when you wrote the bill of sale did you stipulate "AS IS" I learned that a long time ago, to always put that in writing so there is never any question, once it is bought that is it. Check your local laws regarding the issue, I do believe you are in the clear as you were clear about what you knew was bad, and as you said, he could have broken it himself especially since it had been a few weeks since you heard from him. For all you know he could have taken it out rock crawling or something like that. I think the thing that will keep you from having any issues is the time lapse.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Yeah, that's bull chit. Tell him to get bent.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Tell him to stick it in his.............ear! You don't get a warranty on a used vehicle from an idividual, usually. Stand your ground and don't give him a thin dime.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to troid123
He bought it AS-IS!! I wouldn't send him a penny!!
Old 05-26-2009, 06:31 PM

the only thing is would be that i am not positive that it wasnt cracked before i sold it to him
i had never seen it and he didnt see it wen he looked at the truck for an hour
now i did tell him that the 4wd did work. to the best of my knowledge it did work. when you put it in 4wd the light came on and i thought it seemed like it was in. i never really drove the dam thing hardly so i thought it worked i never tested it out or anything though
but he is saying that it isnt even engaging at all now
Old 05-26-2009, 06:33 PM
The Screwy HEUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995psd View Post
the only thing is would be that i am not positive that it wasnt cracked before i sold it to him
i had never seen it and he didnt see it wen he looked at the truck for an hour
now i did tell him that the 4wd did work. to the best of my knowledge it did work. when you put it in 4wd the light came on and i thought it seemed like it was in. i never really drove the dam thing hardly so i thought it worked i never tested it out or anything though
but he is saying that it isnt even engaging at all now
It still doesn't matter, bro. He bought it "AS IS". It just sounds like he's trying to pound you for free-bees.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.