trying to contain the road rage - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
trying to contain the road rage

Wondering if anyone else has noticed the growing number of ingoramuses on the road that are unable to comprehend the simple concept that the left lane is for passing? I drive from San Antonio to Austin twice a week, and I think it gets worse every day.
Attached Thumbnails
trying to contain the road rage-smartass.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Click the thumbnail in my OP for a good chuckle.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
I know exactly what you mean. Or how this one. You are passing someone, and to be courteous, you leave a bit of space between your rear and their front before merging back to the right, and just before you signal and begin the lane change, some jerk off whips into the right lane and flys around you, usually followed by about 5 other jerk offs.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Infidel

I get in the slow lane and stay out of everybody's way. On our 2 lane hwy that I use to go to work, I'll drive on the shoulder to let people by.

But back to your point, yes there seem to be plenty of idiots behind the wheels of vehicles these days.

Craig
Old 05-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Here in Western Washington everyone thinks the hammer lane is to drive in 5 mph slower than the speed limit. Argh I hate those idiots.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

In this economical down time, We should all slow down a bit and smell the roses.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:15 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can slow down, just in the right lane. JK I usually try to leave at least two good car links between me and the guy in front. I've noticed more and more people think that's their spot. It's really nice of them to try and get in there right before a red light. I hate to say that's why we have so many vehicles, but I literally keep beaters to daily drive for that reason. I like having a disposable car/truck. The old Tacoma has already took one for the Lightning a month after I bought it. Best $2000 I ever spent. The guy that pulled out in front of me said ''You seem pretty ok with the truck being wrecked.'' I just looked at him with the state trooper standing there and said ''I bought it for that. If you had pulled out in front of my Lightning, you would need a 1/5 of Jim Beam to keep me from killing you.'' He then quietly walked away. The guy just pulled out and never looked my way. He thought it was a divided highway. Not quite, they were working on it, but it wasn't even any pavement on the new side.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:23 AM

Calif is the worst.. lets see cell phones, news papers, makeup an driving.. at 80++++mph in a 65mph zone.. dont worry our CHP are at breakfast..lol
Old 05-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I know there are some boys in blue here on the org (and I respect the job you do) - any of y'all want to weigh in on why left lane laws are never enforced?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 AM

Where do I start, try the 3 lane Interstates where every $^^hole driving an RV at 52mph thinks they need to drive in the center lane, this also goes for any person over 65 years old with Ohio or Michigan plates.

Or the lady that tries to enter the interstate without signaling, then races through traffic to come up beside me and yell at me for not letting her on, Sorry lady, I'm not slamming on my brakes with a $200,000 car in my trailer so you can get to the Outlet Mall faster.

Apparently there is a new law, (I haven't found it yet.), but it is ok to turn right from the left lane and cut off any truck pulling a trailer. I almost had a buyer for my truck last week when a lady pulled that stunt, and it happened 2 times in 2 blocks from 2 different vehicles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.