$88 at Blockbuster?!?!?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Angry $88 at Blockbuster?!?!?!

So about a month ago I took my girlfriend's little boy and his friend who was spending the night to blockbuster so they could rent a movie and video game. Everything was fine all I asked my girlfriend's son was to return it on monday when his mom took him to school......

Well that didn't happen and a couple weeks later while I was looking for a DVD I found the rented game and DVD from blockbuster. I hoped in the truck and returned them real quick. I just dropped them off and didn't go inside. So last night my girlfriend and I decided to make it a movie night. We pick out what we want and head up to the register. Now I know I have some later fees coming, thanks to the little guy, but no biggie. I thinking $25 max.......WRONG!!!!! The girl tells me with the late fees and the 2 movies we wanted my total was $94.65!!!!!

I laughed and said what? She said that I had over $88 in late fees. I said that game and movie couldn't be more than 15 days late. SHe corrected me and said they were 16 days late to be exact. I said well I thought after 15 days you just charge me $25 bucks for the movie and its a done deal. She said they tried that but I guess my credit card info was wrong and I returned the movies any way.

I tried to keep my cool and I said, so you mean to tell me since I returned the movies you going to charge me a full 5 nights rental fee everyday its late? She said yes, cuz you returned the movie. I laughed again and said ok I'll make you a deal, give me the movie and I'll pay the $25 for it and we'll move on. She said I can't do that sir, so of course I ask for the manager who refused to do anything about it, it wasn't his fault I didn't keep track of my stuff.

By now I'm making a scene in blockbuster and my girlfriend is begging if we can just go. I looked at both the girl and the manager and asked, is my credit card info in there? They said yes, but its wrong so it doesn't work. I smiled and looked at my girlfriend and said net flicks it is baby! Turned to the manager, and told him he could take his $88 late fee and stick it up his azz

Sorry for the rant, but that was F-ing ridiculous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had something similar to that happen, but the movie was stolen from my girlfriends back pack while at school. They charged me $90 for the movie. This was quite some time ago. That's crazy.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

wow! thats some crap. Net flix for me to
Old 05-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06F250FX4 View Post
I had something similar to that happen, but the movie was stolen from my girlfriends back pack while at school. They charged me $90 for the movie. This was quite some time ago. That's crazy.
Damn, $90 bucks!!!!! I could have swore they said after 15 days they just charge $25 for the movie
Old 05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
Damn, $90 bucks!!!!! I could have swore they said after 15 days they just charge $25 for the movie
Hmmm, sounds to me like I got hosed. This was quite a few years back.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Shaking the Bush Boss

Havent been to Blockbuster in over 2 years for the same reason...NO, they havent recived the money either.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
Yeah, the blockbusters up here just charge you for the movie, and if you return it anytime after that, they refund what they charge you minus like 1.50 restocking fee...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchase View Post
Yeah, the blockbusters up here just charge you for the movie, and if you return it anytime after that, they refund what they charge you minus like 1.50 restocking fee...
I tried that, I was like ok fine, give me the stupid movie and I'll pay $25 for it and she looked at me dead in the face and said no I can't do that.....
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
thats just them being stupid. I dont get any of it, because i was told they do not even have "late fees" at all anymore.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I hate blockbuster. I use redbox. Really easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.