looking for an auto transport service - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
looking for an auto transport service

not sure where to post this so will start here

looking for an auto transport service (i know we have at least a couple as members on this forum) I need to have an '84 Jeep CJ-7 hauled from Portage, IN to Round Rock, Tx. The Jeep is not running (engine torn apart) but it will roll, steer, stop, etc. There is no extreme rush on it, other than the individual that has it just wants his garage back.

if anyone wants to PM me an estimate or even a possible place to check please do.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,617
Thanks: 6
Thanked 105 Times in 100 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledrop View Post
not sure where to post this so will start here

looking for an auto transport service (i know we have at least a couple as members on this forum) I need to have an '84 Jeep CJ-7 hauled from Portage, IN to Round Rock, Tx. The Jeep is not running (engine torn apart) but it will roll, steer, stop, etc. There is no extreme rush on it, other than the individual that has it just wants his garage back.

if anyone wants to PM me an estimate or even a possible place to check please do.

Thank You
I have access to an enclosed trailer and I'm about 175 miles away from Portage but I probably can't do it cheap enough for you, + if it has wider wheels and tires it might not fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 05-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hastings,MI
Posts: 143
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Try FLT transport (269)945-4300 ask for Larry. They are located in Hastings MI but they go all over the country. I am having them bring a car to me from Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: murfreesboro TN.
Posts: 887
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
look up a member "Stephen" aka, Bamasixgun. he owns a transport company that delivers nationwide. Bamaautomovers.com (I think)

tell him Tim sent ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanna6powerstroke View Post
I have access to an enclosed trailer and I'm about 175 miles away from Portage but I probably can't do it cheap enough for you, + if it has wider wheels and tires it might not fit.
it is actually fairly stock. I have been getting quotes from $600-$875 at this point. It is a roller, but engine is in pieces so will not start, but can be steered and has brakes. stock wheels/lift, etc. What would you be looking at cost wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 05-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Premium Member
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Round Rock, Tx
Posts: 2,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thanks for the other responses all, I will start calling and sending PMs as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,617
Thanks: 6
Thanked 105 Times in 100 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledrop View Post
it is actually fairly stock. I have been getting quotes from $600-$875 at this point. It is a roller, but engine is in pieces so will not start, but can be steered and has brakes. stock wheels/lift, etc. What would you be looking at cost wise.
Cheapest I could do it is probably $800 range. I'd definately do it though. Use to drive over the road and miss it, so that would be a fun trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bloomington, IN.
Posts: 12,617
Thanks: 6
Thanked 105 Times in 100 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Still looking for someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors