Screwed by Buck masters! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Screwed by Buck masters!

Last summer I enterd an online sweepstakes @ Buckmasters.com to win a bunch of hunting stuff and a video taped guided hunt.

well about a month later I got a phone call from some southern hill billy that I couldnt even understand telling me he was with buck masters and I had won a package with a game processing kit with a bunch of knives, gift cert to cabellas yad yad. I caught a couple of words in there and got excited as hell!

then he goes on the say to claim my prize I have to buy a 5 year subscription to buckmasters magazine for $127.00 well this chit starts smelling fishy so I told him I WOULD NOT BUY A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION OVER THE PHONE WITH MY CREDIT CARD! he asked me if he could bill me by mail. I told him I am not interested in your magazine as of yet but if he would send me an information kit to my home including an inventory of every thing that I could claim as winnings with the subscription information to my home I might be persuaded to subscribe.

Mind you I can not understand half of what this cajun hick is saying over the phone.

few weeks later I recieve a magazine from them in the mail with a bill for a 5 year subscription. no prizes no nothing.

I figure well I am not payin this. so I threw it away.

they proceded to send me annother bill. I threw it away.

they sent me a bill saying this was my last chance to "ACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT" I threw it away.

They called on the phone asking if I was interested in some thing or annother securing my hunting rights and public land yada yada. I told them I did not subscribe to their magazine I would apreciate if they quit sending me bills to a subscription I did not agree to and that I wanted to be taken off of their contact list. the person on the phone said ok ill get this taken care of and hung up.

Well today I get a letter in the mail from some bullchit collection agency in new york, licensed in kansas, with an address from north carolina and a head quarters in colorado? sayig that my bill with buckmasters magazine has gone to collections for $127.00 and I have 30 days to respond.

I was so pist!!!! I called buckmasters magazine wanting this chit straigtened out and they told me I had made a verbal agreement to subscribe to the magazine and that I was legaly obligated to pay the membership dues or have the colection go against my credit! and that If I hadnt wanted the subscription I should have contacted them when they started sending me bills!

HOW CAN SOME ONE SEND YOU A BILL FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU DONT WANT SOMETHING YOU TOLD THEM YOU DIDNT WANT! AND YOU BE LEGALY OBLIGATED TO PAY FOR IT!?!?!?!?????

I AM SO PIST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM

Tell them to shove it! You don't have to pay for anything. Call corporate and demand to speak to someone that is alittle higher in the food chain and tell them your situation.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:23 PM

I demanded to speak to a supervisor and that person was an ***! they also claimed I was sent 8 bills and I know I only got 3 of them and when they quit coming bout 6 months ago I assumed they finaly got the ideah that I wasnt going to be conned into buying their magazine! guess not! I cant believe that these con artists can actualy get away with this chit!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
I demanded to speak to a supervisor and that person was an ***! they also claimed I was sent 8 bills and I know I only got 3 of them and when they quit coming bout 6 months ago I assumed they finaly got the ideah that I wasnt going to be conned into buying their magazine! guess not! I cant believe that these con artists can actualy get away with this chit!
They are sales people, that is basically their job in a nutshell But seriously you have no obligation to pay, you sent in no payment information, never agreed on any deal to buy, so they have nothing IMO.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:28 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
better business bureau..

file a complaint, you wont be the only one..

good luck
Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Premium Member

yeah, tell them to dig up the tape where they have you agreeing to the verbal agreement, end of story.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!!PainTrain!!! View Post
They are sales people, that is basically their job in a nutshell But seriously you have no obligation to pay, you sent in no payment information, never agreed on any deal to buy, so they have nothing IMO.

I gave them my address so I could "collect my winnings" that was all the billing information they needed I guess.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Petersons 4wor did that to me a few years ago. I had my buddy pretend he was a lawyer and call them. It ended there
Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Petersons 4wor did that to me a few years ago. I had my buddy pretend he was a lawyer and call them. It ended there
I wish I had thought of that!

They told me that because I hadnt called and disputed the bills they had sent me and that I dont deny recieving the bills that their legal department considers it a valid debt.

you know these guys are used to screwing people like this. they OWN THEIR OWN COLLECTION COMPANY!

I finaly got so pist off and tired of talking to these jibberish flappin idiots that I demanded they remove me from their subscribed list! I would pay for the 2 magazines they had sent to my house and that they would remove me from their colection list!

they said no problem. BUT THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!! APPARENTKLY 2 MAGAZINES COST DAMN NEAR AS MUCH AS A 5 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION!!!

THIS CRAP JUST MAKES ME SO MAD! I KNOW THEY ARE SCREWING ME! I KNOW I HAVE NO LEGAL OBLIGATION TO PAY THEM! BUT I EVENTUALY WANT TO BUY A HOUSE AND I CANT HAVE A BUNCH OFF BULL **** COLLECTIONS ON MY CREDIT RECORD! I BASICLY BENT OVER AND GAVE THEM MONEY NOT TO F*CK WITH MY CREDIT THAT I HAVE WORKED MY AZZ OFF TO BUILD!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
thats b.s. i have done the pretend lawyer call before it, it worked... I wish i could go around doing work then charging people for it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.