The economy / how are things going for all y'all? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Infidel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The economy / how are things going for all y'all?

As I watch the news and the doom and gloom they report it made me wonder how everybody is really doing. I don't buy much of what the media says so I was wanting a first hand report from all y'all on here.

As for me and my family we are hanging in there, much like everyone else fuel and food prices are biting us in the backside but we are still doing ok, everyone's healthy, we have a roof over our heads, food in our bellies, and clothes on our backs.

So anyone else care to chime in?

Craig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Jon

well

Much the same. I remember when I was a kid it was uncommon to work out of town. Then in the 90's everyone started driving to go to work in nearby towns cuz it was cheap. Now I drive 100 miles round trip and because of it I cant barely make it anymore. $400 a month in fuel is basically a house payment. I'm trying my best but something has to change. Probably gonna be a lot of people going back to working in the town they live in or just plain having to move.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We are doing good. Business is a little slower then normal but we are still turning a profit. Which is hard to do with a fuel bill of $5000 a week. We've all had to make some adjustments because of the fuel and food prices rising but once you get use to it, its not that bad. I hate the media. I think they intentionally try to make everyone feal worse. I wont watch the news because you rarely see a positive story on there. I only feal worse and a little paranoid after watching. I guess thats what drives our soceity. Some people arent doing well for themselves and it makes them feal better to see someone else doing worse.

Im at work and lost my train of thought. I have no Idea where I was going with this.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM

it is tight for me all around, i have actually been carpooling with a neighbor, but the money i seem to save goes to another hole in the dam!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Much the same. I remember when I was a kid it was uncommon to work out of town. Then in the 90's everyone started driving to go to work in nearby towns cuz it was cheap. Now I drive 100 miles round trip and because of it I cant barely make it anymore. $400 a month in fuel is basically a house payment. I'm trying my best but something has to change. Probably gonna be a lot of people going back to working in the town they live in or just plain having to move.
I saw a news report where people are moving back to the city from the suburbs because of the high cost of driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMart View Post
Which is hard to do with a fuel bill of $5000 a week. I hate the media. I think they intentionally try to make everyone feel worse. I wont watch the news because you rarely see a positive story on there. I only feel worse and a little paranoid after watching. I guess thats what drives our society. Some people aren't doing well for themselves and it makes them feel better to see someone else doing worse.
I agree with this sentiment the media thrives on bad news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strőkër~X View Post
it is tight for me all around, i have actually been carpooling with a neighbor, but the money i seem to save goes to another hole in the dam!!!!
I hope things pick up for ya' and that dam eventually gets plugged up.

Craig
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Jon

Well

I think its time to go talk to uncle sam for a job. Thats got the best outlook of surviving right now.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
one day at a time

I drive a 72 mile round trip to work everyday, so fuel is hurting me pretty good. Food costs at the store are skyrocketing as well. There doesn't seem to be as much left over at the end of the month. Actually we're just getting by ok for the most part. I definately feel it, but every so often there is a bit of OT to be had at work... We've still got a home, 2 vehicles, 2 kids, 2 dogs and a cat. The bills are all paid. We must be doing something right
Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM

Ya it's tough around here to I've started to charge mileage to the job sight and some people grumble a little but understand . one thing that has heped me as far as work is we have had a lot of storms around here so there has been alot of insurance clames ( they pay good ) but other builders in the area aren't doing anything they need to suck up the pride and do some smaller job insted of the the all new housing. Bottom line good just making adjustments.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Emergency Services

im doing a little better than i was this time last year. i had to buckle down and save if i wanted to keep my truck and my house. fuel is not a problem i have a company truck that i take home and a gas card for it. i only drive the PSD on th eweekends. that kinda sucks but i have to do it. i have a little left over at the end of the month and i had to get rid of the text message feature on my cell phone cause it was costign me 10 buck a month. well im rambling so whos next
Old 07-14-2008, 07:33 PM

I'm 18 still live at home and save as much money as I can. I'm saving for a house and hoping I'll be able to make it. I'vd save more than expected so I'll probably treat myself to building up my XR50.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.