Monsters on Mainstreet....Fords Only - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Monsters on Mainstreet....Fords Only

ONLY FORDS.

Mark your calendars - July 25th, the week after Heatwave, it starts in League City for a 2 hour pit party and will caravan up to the Houston Motor Speedway for a show and Monster Truck Races.

It will be taped for commercials, advertisements at the 2009 Monster Jams, and DVD''s to be sold. We are looking for some drop deck trailers to haul the trucks from LC to the speedway if anyone has any hooks, let me know. This is a private party, no tickets sold, but if you participate and enter your truck you will get 2 tickets for the show. The awards for the truck show are supposed to one for the trophy case, so clean em up REAL GOOD!! I met with the promoter about 3 weeks ago and it really sounds like fun for anyone that is interested.

Tthe pit party at League City will be held on Friday evening, July 25th from 4-6pm. It will be at one of the local parks there, but I do not have the location yet. It had to be moved to Friday because of the expense and logistics of moving the Monster trucks up to the racetrack on I-45 Saturday.

Saturday the gates at Houston Motor Speedway will open at 3pm and the pit party will be from 4-6pm and then the show will start at 7pm. There will be a big opening with all of the trucks/ cars on the field. The monster truck races will follow.

Please forward to any and all of you friends/contacts that have Ford''s and might be interested in attending, but it has to be a FORD!! This event is sponsored by Ford is the reason. We need, big ones, small ones, old and new ones, cars *or* trucks it doesn''t matter, if you have a Ford and want to show it off, this is for YOU!!

For those that do not know - this event is a private Monster Truck Race / Party for the winner of Monsters on Mainstreet, that was won this year by someone from League City, Tx. The fans sign up at Monster Truck events over the year and finalist are flown, with their families to Las Vegas. The winner now has his own pit party and race in his hometown. There will be a show with some awesome trophies for the winners, so come on out and show your ride!!

I will be there...long drive...but I'll be there.

I won't be checking on this thread much...I'm extremely busy the next couple weeks....so...for more info...google it...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Let me check my schedule and budget and see what I can do...maybe I can meet up with you guys there
Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Banned

I hope you budgeted in a rear bumper,... to bring with you.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:48 PM

you know the terms...get to it buddy
Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

I must've forgot...

we'll talk tomorrow..I got to get some sleep
Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 PM

sounds like a plan
Old 07-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Banned

bumppp...nobody in Texas?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

************** UPDATE **************

A small truck show will be on Friday, you have to be there the entire time to get VIP tickets to Saturday.

If you aren't there on Friday,...then you miss out on all the fun on Saturday,..because it is VIP ONLY....no tickets can be purchased...it is invitation only.

League City in a smalllllll town.

The winner of last years event lives in League City, which is a suburb of Houston on the south side of Interstate 45. So the Monsters will host a small event like a static display of the trucks in the winners hometown. The city of League city has no place to host a Monster Truck freestyle event so they are moving the actual Main Event to Northeast Houston which was probably the closest and cheapest place to handle all of the people plus the event.

Friday the static display will be in League City. I am thinking it will be at Walter Hall Park on Hwy 3 because it is large enough and open enough for this part of the show. If it''''''''s not there, the League City Convention Center is just south about a mile on Hwy 3. My bet is Walter Hall. Google it. Until Live Nation announces the location this is just speculation. Still the Hooters at I-45 and Nasa Road One is a great meeting spot. We could then just go up Nasa Road One and turn left on Hwy 3 and be there in 15 minutes.

Then they pack up the trucks and head out to Northeast Houston for the Saturday Show. It is literally out in a cow pasture in League City so there is not much close to it for a good meeting and eat.

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to put your name on this list,..or you will not be admitted in to Fridays event, and then Saturdays..

1. TANK- Friday & Sat
Edit/Delete Message
Old 07-16-2008, 02:35 PM

2. Me Friday and Saturday!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Banned

It is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to put your name on this list,..or you will not be admitted in to Fridays event, and then Saturdays..

1. TANK- Friday & Sat
2. BigRed- fri & sat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.