Does your kid not like spicy food? You may be rasing a racist! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Cynic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does your kid not like spicy food? You may be rasing a racist!

Toddlers who dislike spicy food racist, say report - Telegraph

Toddlers who dislike spicy food 'racist'

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives 12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

It alerts playgroup leaders that even babies can not be ignored in the drive to root out prejudice as they can "recognise different people in their lives".

The 366-page guide for staff in charge of pre-school children, called Young Children and Racial Justice, warns: "Racist incidents among children in early years settings tend to be around name-calling, casual thoughtless comments and peer group relationships."

It advises nursery teachers to be on the alert for childish abuse such as: "blackie", "Pakis", "those people" or "they smell".

The guide goes on to warn that children might also "react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying 'yuk'".

Staff are told: "No racist incident should be ignored. When there is a clear racist incident, it is necessary to be specific in condemning the action."

Warning that failing to pick children up on their racist attitudes could instil prejudice, the NCB adds that if children "reveal negative attitudes, the lack of censure may indicate to the child that there is nothing unacceptable about such attitudes".

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Desert Storm Vet

Send a message via Yahoo to dercody
well, stupidity has yet again raised it's head, I am so sick and tired of these morons who feel that we all have to like everything everyone else does or we are racist, fact is, these groups are more racist than anyone. And God forbid a kid doesn't like something just because he doesn't like it.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Reading this seriously made me laugh. Growing up if I didn't like something, I'm not going to eat. If you don't like a certain food it doesn't mean that your racist. If my toddler (once I have a kid) doesn't want to eat a foreign food then so be it. It just surprises me how stupid people can be at times.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

As Forest Gump would say, "stupid is as stupid does".

Ken....
Old 07-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thats from a paper in the UK! Those limeys are F'ing themselves again! It's bad enough that people are trying to make kids be adults way to early. But this getting out of control! Kids just don't like some kinds of foods, I'm 31 and still don't like eating many vegetables. So does that mean I hate farmers? I don't like east indian food, does that mean I hate them! Things are changing for the worst when it comes to this stuff, it time to take a stand! Tell these Marxest b@stards to get lost!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.