Needing Advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 05:07 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Needing Advice

Ok let me first say that this did not happen on the Org. Nor were any members of the Org. involved.

I belong to many different forum sites. This happened on one of those sites.

I was bashed for 3 pages on this site. I didn't even know about what was going on until another member pm'ed me. Which by that time the site administrator closed the thread. Before I had a chance to say anything in the thread. That is the sad part about all this. It all happened in a thread I didn't even post in.

Now I do like the site because there is alot of info there. This is the first time this has happened to me. I mean a little bashing I can expect on this site. But this was just plain wrong.

Now I am confused, as there is no other site like this one. It is a hunting forum that is specifically aimed for my state. That is what makes it so good. Because it covers fishing, hunting, for the state I live in. I don't want to leave the site. But yet I kinda don't want to just let this go.

So I ask you all this question. What would you do if you were in this position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Jon

Yep

I'm active on about 11 forums and i'll say it a million times this is the only site that i'm on that bashing is not tolerated. A lil fun now and then is ok but just because i've been known to get a lil hot at times I usually just surf for info and dont speak.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Like I said Jon a little bashing I could understand. But 3 pages worth before it got closed. The only reason it was closed is because another member on the site reported it to the administrator.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:49 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

give us details bc
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i know how hard it is to keep your mouth or in this case fingers quiet. while i think it was unfair that they didn't allow you respond to the site ruiners i also think it would have been pointless. some people are turd buckets and don't understand how to treat others. while i have personally disagreed with you on some posts in this site, (being pulled over and dipped) i know you didn't and probably wouldn't have attacked me. so im sure you didn't deserve it. sorry you had that happen. i know how pissed you must be but it's not worth lettin it get to you.
i just played some on-line poker and everyonce in a while people will attack you for no reason other than to bully you out. i just want to reach my hand through the screen and b1tch slap em.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
give us details bc
What details, like the site info and what not. If that is what your wanting I will not post the site name on here.

If you want the details what was said. Well if I post that I may get banned from here.

Basically someone posted up a thread about someone that supposedly had a screenname changed. I guess this new member is very active on the site. In less then a week he already has a post count of 400+ postings. All legit posts too nothing he posted was just to boost his post count.

So someone asked if this new member was an old member with a new name. Being I am also very active on that site. I have a post count about the same as the one I have here. I have also been a member of that site about as long as I have been on the Org.

But some of the members starting questioning if this new member was me with a new name. Needless to say the questioning only lasted for 5 posts. Then it was all bashing towards me. That lasted for three pages before the site administrator and owner closed it. Sad part is one of the supposed super moderators even posted in that thread.

I have not asked what is going to be the punishment. Or should I just let it go. These people clearly broke the rules of this site. It is a pretty decent site they also have a policy about this type of treatment will not be tolerated.

Just like here a little is ok when it is all in fun. But billigerant bashing is not tolerated.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:05 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

keyboard badasses
Old 06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to troid123
Dude it is an online forum. Let it go!!
Old 06-23-2008, 06:09 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by valetcruiser View Post
i know how hard it is to keep your mouth or in this case fingers quiet. while i think it was unfair that they didn't allow you respond to the site ruiners i also think it would have been pointless. some people are turd buckets and don't understand how to treat others. while i have personally disagreed with you on some posts in this site, (being pulled over and dipped) i know you didn't and probably wouldn't have attacked me. so im sure you didn't deserve it. sorry you had that happen. i know how pissed you must be but it's not worth lettin it get to you.
i just played some on-line poker and everyonce in a while people will attack you for no reason other than to bully you out. i just want to reach my hand through the screen and b1tch slap em.
Valetcruiser, the whole point for discussion boards like this is to be able to aggree and dissaggree. To have debates and to give help. I would never bash someone on here. Poking at or joking with is one thing. But to bash and just post rude and offensive comments about another person is not right.

If I have a problem with someone on here or on another site. I take it to pm's and work it out there privately between me and that person. Always keeping it in a converse level never an agitated way where things may have said just because of the emotions at the time.

I am an easy going guy. I am not really up set, more hurt feeling then anything else. Your right replying to there comments would not have done any good. If I would have seen it, I would have kept quiet and reported it and request the thread be closed.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:10 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by troid123 View Post
Dude it is an online forum. Let it go!!
I understand that it is an online forum. It is more of the finding out what was going on, kinda feeling hurt and betrayed. Because for the most part I am well liked on the site in question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.