What happened?...to Joe Horn - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What happened?...to Joe Horn

I was following it the whole way....then everything stopped...what ever happened to him?

Under Texas laws,..He was COMPLETELY within the law. Did they do the right thing and drop any/all charges?

I know bringing this back is going to stir some controversy,...hopefully people won't be retarded and get the thread shut down...

For those that reply...PLEASE understand...that in TEXAS,..deadly force is authorized to protect your neighbors home from burglary...it may not be in other states...but in Texas...it's perfectly legal.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion...mine is....

Don't break the law,...then you won't have to worry about anything....don't run from the police, don't kill, don't raape, don't steal, ....if you do....you will be dealt with.....and I feel it should be taken to the extreme,... then criminals might think twice, before breaking the law.

For more info,...

Man Kills Suspects While On Phone With 911, Two Men Shot In Texas By Joe Horn Who Saw Suspects Leaving Neighbor's House - CBS News

They are Miguel Antonio Dejesus, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30. Official records show that each of them had a prior arrest in Harris County for drug offenses.

The incident may prove a test for a new law recently passed in Texas which expands the right of citizens to use deadly force.

Last edited by TANK'S 250; 06-19-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I haven't heard anything about it either??
Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Banned

I followed it from the beginning...then all media coverage stopped....it's been months since I've heard anything.

BTW- This is one of the reasons I have a CCL, so I can do my part for the community....

I try and stay up-to-date on current laws,...the "Castle Doctrine Law" and the " In The Shoes Law"...are 2 of my favorites.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Premium Member

I read in the Austin paper just this week, that the case will go before the Grand Jury. Good luck to him.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:36 AM

It's law here in Georgia and South Carolina also.Should be law everywhere.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:23 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
This was in the paper today

Attorney: Joe Horn probably will talk to grand jury if asked | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle
Old 06-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Conservative and Proud

It will be very interesting to see the outcome!
Old 06-19-2008, 03:04 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wish he was my neighbor.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Banned

Even though he did nothing wrong....he'll probably still get something,..IE probation, short sentence, fine....something.

I don't think he'll get community service....he already did that by shooting them....lol

This is why I think he'll get some sort of repercussion.......because the laws aren't made for GOOD people.

Here's an example:

They are Miguel Antonio Dejesus, 38, and Diego Ortiz, 30.

The suspected burglar who was previously identified as Miguel DeJesus was apparently using an alias and his real name was Hernando Riascos Torres. Both men are being investigated as possible members of an area crime ring:

“Two burglary suspects shot by a Pasadena homeowner last month were illegal immigrants from Colombia, and one man had been deported nearly 10 years ago, authorities said Thursday. Authorities also said they are investigating whether Diego Ortiz, 30, and Hernando Riascos Torres, 48, were part of a crime ring linked to burglaries and the use of fake immigration documents.”

Torres had a criminal record and had been deported in 1999. Both men used aliases and had fake IDs:

“Pasadena Police Department Capt. A.H. “Bud” Corbett said Torres was deported to Colombia in 1999 after a 1994 cocaine-related conviction. He was on parole until 2017, Corbett said.

Police found a Puerto Rican identification card on Ortiz. He had two aliases. Torres had identification cards from Colombia, Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. He had three aliases.”

The report also discussed Horn’s neighbors, who are apparently Vietnamese and who may have been targeted because they are immigrants:

“State and federal authorities are investigating whether the two men, who lived in southwest Houston, were involved in the crime ring, Corbett said. Police found almost $2,000 in cash in a white bag the men allegedly took from the home in the 7400 block of Timberline before Horn shot them.

.................................................. ...............................

Why in the hell were we(the people), even wasting our time on "known criminals" that were also ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?

The "Legal System" sucks....those two should have removed from this planet longgggggg ago.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANK'S 250 View Post
Even though he did nothing wrong....he'll probably still get something,..IE probation, short sentence, fine....something.
I think he should get a medal. Im a big fan of shooting thieves. Unfortunately where I live you would probably get life in prison for doing what he did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.