Anheuser-Busch Being Sold To Belgium - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
Anheuser-Busch Being Sold To Belgium

Now this just pisses me off. I will be the first to tell you that I don't care much for Budweiser, but I sure as hell can't sit here and watch this company be sold to a European company.

The article is rather interesting and very telling of the way the family view their own company.

Adolphus A. Busch IV, an uncle of the company's current CEO, said in a recent statement that a merger is "not a family issue…nor is it a matter of family solidarity or legacy. It is strictly a matter of shareholder value…It is no secret that the sluggish performance of the stock is a concern."

I guess the family legacy doesn't mean jack to them, just the almighty dollar.

This Bud May Be for the Belgians
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 08:57 AM

that really sucks ! ! !
Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 AM

I can't believe that the sale could be a reality. I think it would be one helluva loss for this country. I wonder how many people would stop drinking Bud if this goes through?
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 AM

yeah I know when I think of Anheuser-Busch I think of an American Beer if I wanted to drink some European beer I would but I want a good american beer I have been to the brewery in St Louis and to the farm they have there my mom is from St Louis I hope it does not happen

but like the article said Miller was sold out to a South Africa company and so was Wild Turkey to a French company and they have not dropped in sales
Old 06-16-2008, 09:45 AM

Hey Marc welcome to a capitalist nation. What makes you so mad? That its not your company that is getting sold and you're not getting any of the money? I'm not tryin to sound harsh or start anything but come on, you really let someone else's business matters rattle your cage that bad? It is a business that was started to make money and that is what is happening. For what its worth I wouldn't really want my "family legacy" have anything to do with drinking, getting drunk, people dying by drinking and driving. I'd rather be remembered for things that helped out the community I live in. Building schools, hospitals, youth centers. Know what I mean? Before you say Budweiser does all those things, do you really think people think about that when someone says Anheuser-Busch?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredpowerstroke View Post
Hey Marc welcome to a capitalist nation. What makes you so mad? That its not your company that is getting sold and you're not getting any of the money? I'm not tryin to sound harsh or start anything but come on, you really let someone else's business matters rattle your cage that bad? It is a business that was started to make money and that is what is happening. For what its worth I wouldn't really want my "family legacy" have anything to do with drinking, getting drunk, people dying by drinking and driving. I'd rather be remembered for things that helped out the community I live in. Building schools, hospitals, youth centers. Know what I mean? Before you say Budweiser does all those things, do you really think people think about that when someone says Anheuser-Busch?
How did I miss this?

It makes me mad for a few reasons. First off, it's not that I am letting someone else's business bother me, but more the concept. Many things that were founded in this country are now moving out of the US. Things like that piss me off. It's also the fact that many board members for Anheuser don't care about anything but the money. I understand it's a for profit business, but at what point do we stop? If all they do is seek to make more money by selling to foreign companies, they become nothing more than a prostitute spreading your legs to the highest bidder. That's what pisses me off.

For what it's worth, I do respect that you wouldn't your family legacy to be associated with that type of product. However, one could always argue that just about any product on the market could be misused and therefore given a bad name. Cars, fried food, aerosol cans, fireworks, guns, ammo just to name a few. You get my drift. I think that a family legacy is what you make it.

Now the other part that makes me mad is that InBev is going after a hostile take over of Anheuser-Busch. I don't know much about the corporate world, but what give someone the right to take over a company when it's not for sale?

FT.com / Companies / Consumer industries - Anheuser to cut jobs to fight InBev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.