American made! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
American made!

So im sure this topic is going to ruffle some feathers but when did we as a country decide that buying something cheaper and not American made is more important then buying something that is made here but more expensive?

Im sure their are plenty of examples but the one i argue over most is LED light bars. their are 2 companies that make their lights here in the USA that i know of.. but the majority of people would rather buy Chinese lights to save money...

I just dont get it... my myself i try and buy as much American made products as i can. i look at the label before i buy it and even some of the stuff i make like T shirts i make sure that the shirts are made here in the USA before i use them....

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is why I use Adams polishes for my car washing needs. They make sure everything they sell is American made. You can watch a couple videos from the owner talking about his products
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Emergency Services

Considering I'm in college and holding down a job to pay for my truck and mods, I go the cheapest for anything at the moment. Here's the difference to me:
I bought 2 3" lights and a 6" spotlight for $100 cheaper than just for a pair of rigid duallies. I'll be trying to buy american as much as possible once I have a real job and have more disposable income. Most people don't understand basic economics (my major). The more dollars you put into the US GDP, the more money that comes back to you and the rest of the economy. If I had it my way I would heavily tax imports from Asia, forcing people to buy American, that's the best stimulus package possible and it doesn't cost 3/4 a trillion dollars.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Just because it's "Made in America" doesn't mean it's better. I have N Fab bed access steps on my truck, "Proudly made in the USA" and after 9 months, have rust all over them. N Fab has a 5 year finish/paint warranty on the steps and I've contacted them twice about replacement/repainting, and have never heard back from them! I say if the price is right, buy whatever. If I was getting a superior product, I wouldn't mind paying the extra to put North Americans to work. If I'm going to get a product that is just as good as an overseas product at a fraction of the cost because it was produced abroad, I'd buy it. I learned the hard way.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 PM

Because its my money and I want to keep as much of it in my bank account as possible.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
My take is this.... if the price difference is negligeable i will always buy american made and by that i mean within 25% difference...

however the example you used is led lights.... i bought a 20" 9k lumen LED bar for almost 24% of what the rigid sells for. my buddy has the rigid bar comparable to mine. we put them side by side... light output is almost identical.. craftsmanship is almost identical... hell we even took them apart and the insides are damn near identical... there comes a time when we are guilty of paying for a name and not a product...

perfect example.. my "fetish" if you will is Oakley Sunglasses... own over 175 Pairs of them and have every pair i have owned since i was 13 years old except for the two ive lost. Are the worth the price you pay for them... who knows.. i just love them..
Old 09-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I typically buy the best (most reliable) product available that I can afford at that given time.

The govt forced a global economy because of our lack of cumulative natural resources, including cheap labor that they themselves have vested interests in the companies that have moved overseas or across the border to increase profits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I am in the navy and you would be surprised how much of our stuff is made In China....
Old 09-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

'Merica!!!!
Old 09-07-2013, 06:58 AM

I'm 19 and on a budget, but if the foreign products are as good as the domestic ones but cheaper, I'm going to buy those.

As for light bars, I'm partial to Whelen since they are made 45 minutes down the road from me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.