sheds!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
sheds!!

well we got our new house last thursday and now i ahve a around 1/2 acre behind the house where can build stuff since we downgraded in house size but upsized in lot i lost my office im thinking of building a shed out back so i can disconnect my office from the house...

i had been searchign things like tuff sheds but man are those things expensive esp for a good sized one.... then i started to just look for plans online.... i have found 2 i like.. 1 is around 300sqft but will require a cement base (which will also require permits which i dont want to do) the second is smaller (16x10) and will not require a slab so im thinking of leaning towards this one....

here is the link for the smaller one: * KYLE SHED PLANS DETAILS

and then the big one: ROCKY MOUNTAIN SHED PLANS DETAILS

i already bought the plans for the smaller one but i still keep looking at the big one....only reason i dont want the big one is because if i need to get inspections its going to raise the value of the house since it will be permitted which will raise my property taxes

im feeling that the smaller one will be to small for my office/packaging section

where the bigger one is big enough for my office and most of my tools too... if not ill have to build another shed just for my tools.... im very confused so would like your guys inputs on what you would go with... obviously the bigger one will cost more to build... according to the plans i can build the smaller one with around 2k and the bigger one will be in the 6k+ range

this is my first shed/office so im a newbie to this...

-Raul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats a tuff one .....but its always good to do it right the first time ..but its up to you....now the plans will have to be permited? and do they fall under your city codes if not youll have to change them shouldnt be too hard ....but if you need any help let me know ....running my own construction business i have alot of tools to get it done
Old 06-01-2008, 10:18 PM

I hope it's not cold where you live cause you won't be using that shed in the winter.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
thats a tuff one .....but its always good to do it right the first time ..but its up to you....now the plans will have to be permited? and do they fall under your city codes if not youll have to change them shouldnt be too hard ....but if you need any help let me know ....running my own construction business i have alot of tools to get it done
thanks bud... yah it is a tuffy.... im drawing up some floor plans right now to see how i would section it out for the small one... it will be big enough to fit my office in their and a few shelves for boxes and my packaging material and maybe a couch and a flat screen... so its not too small.. plus i was thinking of altering the plans and making it a 12x16 or 14x16...

now i know for a fact i wont have to permit the small one but the big one since ill have to poor a slab im almost sure i would have to get permits...i don't have neighbors behind me but the worst part is that my neighbor in front of me is a city inspector lol.... if not i would just do it without permits lol...

i do plan to build a big 30x60 home shop all the way in the back sometime next year so i dont really need the larger one since ill have somewhere to put my tools later...... im very confused lol.....
Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagmanf350 View Post
I hope it's not cold where you live cause you won't be using that shed in the winter.
nah usually around 70 all year around
Old 06-01-2008, 10:27 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sorry I cant help ya out much here man but Cangrats on the new house Raul.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:45 PM

I've been building sheds for 12yrs, out here in PA its a huge market, I would recommend a nail gun if you don't have one. A shed is real easy to make, literally I've made 2 a day at times. We regularly deliver sheds 90% of the trucks hauling them at PSD's. The most important thing is make sure the floor is perfects sq. and level. Congrats on a new house.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:03 AM

yeah if i remember right anything over 100 sq ft you need permit
Old 06-02-2008, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
yeah if i remember right anything over 100 sq ft you need permit
Yeah that's the way it is here.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Emergency Services

IMHO, if you build the smaller shed, you will wish you had the larger. NEVER can have to much Man Room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.