I HATE MY JOB!!!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I HATE MY JOB!!!!!

WARNING!!!! THIS IS A POINTLESS RANT POST!

The company I have worked for since 2004 went to a seniority system about 2 years ago to determin what days&shifts you would work.

Well the entire 2 years I have been stuck at the bottom getting stuck with the chit shifts!!! week ends, grave yards, split days off, etc!

Recently due to some of the higher seniority guys retiring, transfering, health problems, etc. being eliminated from the scheduling pool I have finaly worked my way up to position #3 in seniority! and they decided to do and experimental schedule where instead of picking a pre set schedule you could pick what days&shifts you wanted to work and then as the seniority level went down thos guys had less good shifts to pick from.

NOW TO THE GOOD PART!!!!!
I picked Tues-Friday day shift. (I havet seen the light of day in 1.5 years)
The scheduling manager saw the schedule that I picked and told me that it was unfair for me to pick that schedule and that the guys under me in seniority would be getting shafted!!

WTF!!! for the last 2 years no body abovde me has given 3 f*cks 2 chits and one d@mn about what left over cr@p I was stuck with!!!

AND NOW HES TRYING TO PULL RANK AND GET ME BUMPED TO WORKING SPLIT SHIFTS ON THE WEEK ENDS!!!!!!!!!

I am so sick of this cr@P!!!! seriously how is it fair that I have spent 2 years working the left overs completly throwing my personal life out the window and having to strugle to keep my relationship with my "wife to be" alive in the 30 minutes a day we see each other! not to mention waking up and realizing that my baby boy is 8 months old and I havent gotten to see much of any of his life!!!! then to be told I cant work a straight day schedule because some one thats been with the company for 3-6 months might have to work split days, week ends or jumping shifts!!!

IVE PAID MY FRICKEN DUES! I WANT SO D@MN GRATIFICATION FOR IT!!!

$ I dont even want to get started about the guys that have been with the company less time that my self and are making more $ an hour than I am.

Sorry for the rant guys. its just nice to vent at least this way I feel like maybe some ones listening and maybe cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
vent away buddy

Man that sucks, I would be PISSED off. I would probably go off on that guy , then get fired
Old 05-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Serving Our Country!

I feel your pain, I'm on call 24/7, 12 days on 2 days off with a 1 hour response time, and expected to be on site 7-3 five days a week, regardless of call ins, gets old....

Looking at another job with slightly more pay and company F-150 and GAS card, trade off is I will be gone overnight 2-3 days per week.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:09 AM

Seriously if I get slammed with week ends I think im going to find a difrent job. Ive worked nights for a year and a half now (because no one wants nights) and the only advantage to the night shift is that it has saturday and sunday off. basicly the only time I get to spend with my family. If I have to worrk week ends I will literaly NEVER see them.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Serving Our Country!

What do you do?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to Farmerjohn Send a message via Yahoo to Farmerjohn
Sounds like your seem to get the shaft everytime your getting where you want to be, Is there any other jobs that are open to you with your experience? I had one of those jobs where I had to travel and i came to realze that the money wasnt worth being out of town all the time if you want a good home life. Anyway vent away, cause I know if it was me the managers would have an earfull
Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ds4me View Post
What do you do?
Im a locomotive engineer for a short line railroad. the thing that makes me even madder about this is that I worked my azz off for my engineers card and once I got it I was bottom of seniority for engineers meaning I got stuck with the left overs. but a conductor has to work with an engineer so the last 2 years Ive got to watch conductors that have been with the company for half as long as I have get their pick of choice schedules while I technicly have more seniority get a worse schedule. and now that I get to pick a good schedule their not going to let me do it because the conductors with the least seniority are going to get stuck with a crappy shift! excuse me for not having any sympathy for them but I have been stuck at the bottom for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 YEARS!!!!!!!

WHY SHOULD I BE STUCK WITH THE CHIT???
Old 05-28-2008, 06:19 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
man let me tell you i worked for this company on night shift and i was also like the emergency care person for the whole company well i got off at 230 in the morning and then these schmucks would call at like 6 in the morn because retard randy smashed his hand and i would always get stuck having to come in working weekends and everything it sucked i quit and took a pay cut too but worth it to me
Old 05-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rankroddin250 View Post
Im a locomotive engineer for a short line railroad. the thing that makes me even madder about this is that I worked my azz off for my engineers card and once I got it I was bottom of seniority for engineers meaning I got stuck with the left overs. but a conductor has to work with an engineer so the last 2 years Ive got to watch conductors that have been with the company for half as long as I have get their pick of choice schedules while I technicly have more seniority get a worse schedule. and now that I get to pick a good schedule their not going to let me do it because the conductors with the least seniority are going to get stuck with a crappy shift! excuse me for not having any sympathy for them but I have been stuck at the bottom for 2 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 YEARS!!!!!!!

WHY SHOULD I BE STUCK WITH THE CHIT???
My neighbor works for CSX doing the same thing you do, he gets shanked all the time, must go with the job. You guys union?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDPOWERSMOKER View Post
man let me tell you i worked for this company on night shift and i was also like the emergency care person for the whole company well i got off at 230 in the morning and then these schmucks would call at like 6 in the morn because retard randy smashed his hand and i would always get stuck having to come in working weekends and everything it sucked i quit and took a pay cut too but worth it to me

my bigest problem is im kinda living at my income level. even tho im not getting paid what I should I cant find any thing in this areh that will pay me what im making and I dont want to relocate.

I guess what really bugs me is Im kind of stuck all I can do is let them screw me over time and time again because I have no other options.

my job---> <--- Me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.