Honda Accord info. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2008, 01:11 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Honda Accord info.

I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about Honda Accords. I know its a ford truck forum and we tend to look down on ricers, but i got it to save some fuel. Besides, i only paid $250 for it.

Anyway, its a 1991, its got 208,000 on it, but it fires right up and runs great. The only issue is the clutch either needs adjusted or replaced. Does anyone have any detailed info on replacing the clutch? Also, what kind of maintenance things should i look for and do with a Honda with that mileage?

Thanks ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Clutch should be pretty easy to replace. Its kind of a pain to get the tranny out, just because of where everything is located, but with some help it aint too bad at all.

You'll either want a separate jack to hold hte motor up, or a cherry picker, as the tranny bolts to the passenger side motor mount, and you'll have to undo that to get the tranny out., plus it helps make it easier to get it out if you undo the rear motor mount.

A whole lot easier then most vehicles, there's just alot of little things in the way.

I had to remove one by myself, which was interesting. Actually i did a whole motor swap, most of which was done by just me since i couldn't ever get anyone to help.

Also, if your gonna replace the clutch, you might as well replace the slave cylinder, and master cylinder if you want. All of which should be fairly cheap.

As for maintainance, just your normal things. Oil, plugs, wires, air filter, and such. Might wanna take a look at motor mounts also. They may be cracked.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:20 PM
PMR = JUNK

Quote:
Also, if your gonna replace the clutch, you might as well replace the slave cylinder, and master cylinder if you want. All of which should be fairly cheap.
Actually i think its got a cable clutch, ill have to look at it again but im like 98% sure its cable. Thanks for the other info though. How hard is it compared to say, a 91 Mercury Capri? I attempted one of them and it was a b!itch. Have to drop part of the subframe.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:21 PM
I have excessive flatulance!!

Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
Should also replace your timing belt if it hasn't been done recently
Old 05-26-2008, 01:24 PM
PMR = JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Nick View Post
I have no idea if its ever been changed. How hard is that to do and what kind of $ am i lookin at? Im tryin to put as little cash into this as possible. But i know thats kinda important, bad things happen when the pistons come in contact with the valves.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob32187 View Post
Actually i think its got a cable clutch, ill have to look at it again but im like 98% sure its cable. Thanks for the other info though. How hard is it compared to say, a 91 Mercury Capri? I attempted one of them and it was a b!itch. Have to drop part of the subframe.
It should be hydraulic. I'm 99% it has a hydraulic clutch.

Never done a mercury capri, but i prolly made it sound above alot harder then it actually is. Its pretty easy.

Quote:
Yeah, i forgot that Definitely replace it.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I have no idea if its ever been changed. How hard is that to do and what kind of $ am i lookin at? Im tryin to put as little cash into this as possible. But i know thats kinda important, bad things happen when the pistons come in contact with the valves.
Yup if you don't know what your doing I wouldn't recommon replacing the timing belt... Your timing belt should be one of your highest priorities.. Also what engine is in that accord? I'm sure the belt wont cost much. Not known what engine is in it you will most likly have to remove drive belt, crank pulley, motor mounts, timing covers, timing belt tensioner... and whatever else might be in the way.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
If you have access to a lift should be pretty easy...
Old 05-26-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Yup if you don't know what your doing I wouldn't recommon replacing the timing belt... Your timing belt should be one of your highest priorities.. Also what engine is in that accord? I'm sure the belt wont cost much. Not known what engine is in it you will most likly have to remove drive belt, crank pulley, motor mounts, timing covers, timing belt tensioner... and whatever else might be in the way.
If its a 91, it'll have either the F22a1, F22a4, or F22a6
Old 05-26-2008, 01:34 PM
PMR = JUNK

Im not sure on the engine, thats another thing im gonna have to look at. Only problem is that i havent actually got the car on my property yet, i still have to pick it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.