GEOCACHE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 AM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
GEOCACHE

Anyone play? I started the Google Maps and it took off. Thanks Tiff.
This is Google Maps on steroids.
Y'all check it out - if we have enough I'll make a cool thread for it. Great for kids and adults and fun as can be.
If you ever played a game when you were a kid - check this one out. I want to see rigs or diesel pics on a cache.

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 AM
Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Ive heard of this and it sounds kinda fun, Is it something you have to pay membership for to access the details of the locations?
Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Gun Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein1224 View Post
Ive heard of this and it sounds kinda fun, Is it something you have to pay membership for to access the details of the locations?
Not all. They have normal caches. When you pull up your map as a free member you will only see ones that are not listed as premium members - kinda keeps the traffic down I guess?

Heck Y'all know most of us pass by 100's just on the way to work? Some are easy, some are hard. I've lost more blood over this sport than have in my life.
It is fun, challenging on MULTIPLE levels, and try it. Find a cache. You won't stop I bet.
For those of you that are smart - try and beat a puzzle cache.

I use my phone most of the time...actually 90% of the time but my GPS does help when I'm in the woods looking for - well whatever we find.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Jersey Strokers Director

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Aronda1125
I've been doing it since last July (2012). I'm up to 1981 finds as of today! I just use the app on my phone, GPS's are a little more accurate, but the phone works well enough. Plus, w/ the app, you can log your finds immediatley. It's really fun, gets you outside and taking hikes, kayaking, etc. And, for guys that camp, like myself, it's something to do while your camping (besides drink). After the initial purchase of either the app or a GPS, it's basically a free hobby, $30 a year if you sign up for the premium membership.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Jersey Strokers Director

Rodslinger, what's your Geocache screenname? Mine is TeamT&A. My wife is Tara, and i'm Alex (keep our mind out of the gutter!).
Old 08-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Gun Nut

Hey we JUST got our FIRST FTF!!!!! I'm bouncing off of the walls.

We have a lot of BIG time cachers around so to beat one to the find was sweet. Took me a bit but Traciermac and I got it.

Aronda1125 - sweet - we're still new to this but once we got started it was ON. I'm still Rodslinger on that site too. Not the forum just me.

Hey what is the COOLEST cache you have found? My boss actually got me into this and he has deep sea dive (spel check hate diven) for one. He has over 4K on him in all areas.

I'm hoping to hit my 200 this weekend.

Rammstein1224 - You don't have to pay but you won't see all of the caches around you. I guess it is there way of trying to keep the game honest.....and make money - heck nothing is "free" anymore. BUT you can play free.

YES you can start with just a phone and roll it.
I'm still a newb but man I have seen some AWEAOME caches. When I'm done with my hide I'll post a pic.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Jersey Strokers Director

My favorite 2 caches so far have been:
Raiders of the Lost Cache - in Lititz, PA (outside Lancaster), awesome hike over boulders & stuff. The cache is a fake huge treasure chest down in a cave
The Spot - in South Eastern NY - just an great hike, w/ some beautiful views (waterfall, valley, etc) which was one of the earliest caches placed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Jersey Strokers Director

Btw, congrats on the FTF! It's def an addictive sport/hobby. I do it during work all the time! My wife gets kind of tired of it through, I plan all our trips and stuff around grabbing some caches.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Gun Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronda1125 View Post
Btw, congrats on the FTF! It's def an addictive sport/hobby. I do it during work all the time! My wife gets kind of tired of it through, I plan all our trips and stuff around grabbing some caches.

NICE - well I'm lucky my wife caches with me.
I have some pic's I'll post up tomorrow of some of our finds that were cool.

We're like you - we plan our weekends and trips out of town and then go straight to......where are the caches.

GPS works cool - but I use my phone for most. Working in the city it's easier. Those are for P&G's but in the brush I need it.

Oh and thanks for the congrats on the FTF - I was NOT going to leave until I found it.

Last edited by Rodslinger; 08-23-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Gun Nut

What is neat is you have beautiful terrain but hard - heck I'm a Texan. Thorns, plants of all sort.....guess I skipped the coyotes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.