TV Commercial problem - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 09:18 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Angry TV Commercial problem

Ok I don't know how many of you have seen this one. But it has Sarah McLachlan on it. It shows abused puppies and cats on it. It has a very sad song to it.

Now the problem is my son. He is 14 months old. When this commercial comes on I have to change the channel immediately. This commercial comes on with no warning. But when it comes on my son could be in a dead sleep but as soon as he hears that song he is balling his eyes out. So I hurry up change the channel then have to calm my son back down.

Now what can I do about this. What is most disturbing is they show this commercial on Nickoloden. Which I think is completely out of place because they are asking for donations. But yet they are traumatizing kids with this commercial.

What do you all suggest I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you know what i really hate that commercial ...there are real live kids, baby's and other people that could use donations. but no lets make a sad commercial about cats and dogs.. give to them, give them a home ...everybody is so worried about everything else and everywhere else that we dont take care of our own ...sorry i changed the subject but i really needed to get this out ...maybe its because i dont like cats and dogs maybe i feel that there are more important thing to worry about maybe im wrong but this is how i feel ...sorry to all you cat and dog lovers but to me baby's and kids are more important
Old 05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordmugg View Post
you know what i really hate that commercial ...there are real live kids, baby's and other people that could use donations. but no lets make a sad commercial about cats and dogs.. give to them, give them a home ...everybody is so worried about everything else and everywhere else that we dont take care of our own ...sorry i changed the subject but i really needed to get this out ...maybe its because i dont like cats and dogs maybe i feel that there are more important thing to worry about maybe im wrong but this is how i feel ...sorry to all you cat and dog lovers but to me baby's and kids are more important
Could you have at least gave me some advice about what to with my son. I mean he is only 14 months old. But this commercial brings him out of a dead sleep.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to chopstx667
Man sorry to hear about your troubles

My best advice is to always be with him and monitor what he watches. Maybe even just buying DVDs of Barney or whatever rather than watching TV cause you never know what's on these days.

As for the commercial, I haven't seen it but I can imagine kids in a developmental phase could be severely affected. Possibly call up or e-mail Nickolodeon and explain your situation to them? I really don't know about this one.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:09 PM

That commercial has had more affect on people as for putting music with images than the stupid Subway commercials. It's terrible, your son isn't the only one instantly upset/down in the dumps/or crying. I'm wondering how she feels about the use of her song ... now that instant sadness has been tied to it

i don't know what to do about him.... that would be too hard to explain to him... I know when I was really young i used to sleep with music on low, it helped me sleep. Maybe keep the tv way down, i know the radio thing helped me, i mean if he is sleeping and hearing things like music and it will wake him up because of the thoughts associated with it... maybe do the same thing the commercial did? Maybe make a cd or tape of nice songs, and show him nice pictures that he'll think about when he hears it maybe use that song to show happy dogs and cats a few times ... i have no idea i'm just trying to help. That's my suggestion, I would make a photobucket slideshow of happy dogs and cats and stuff and throw in some pics of me n' him and play that song.

Last edited by TurboSevenThree; 05-14-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:24 PM

I don't think there is much you can do to not come across that commercial but being ready with the romote to turn it off or mute it and if your kid is awake is try to turn it into a happy fun thing like look at the doggies ahhhh look at the kitties there funny and when the dog looks sad say oh look the doggie is tired because its past his bed time maybe you can change your kids attitude about it from sad to happy ....I do that stuff with my kids and a lot of the time it works ...but good luck and sorry to hear that ....
Old 05-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Stick with the DVD's, try Rocket, that'll keep your son busy as it does mine! Good luck!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
I have never seen it but, all you can do bigC is stop watching nickelodeon, or ... run kid DVD's instead of watching the channel. I must be behind the curve, I had no idea that a 14 month old kid would know what the commercial is really about. Crazy how fast they come up!
Old 05-15-2008, 07:47 AM
duct tape & zip ties

I don't think it is the fact that he actually knows what the commercial is about. But I think that song is the actual problem. Being when he is in a dead sleep it wakes him up.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

Man this is tough, you could try ear plugs, or place some othe background noise while he sleeps. I mean if its waking him up you need to do something to remove that sound, that has become a trigger of sorts. I have seen the commercial and don't like it either. You could try emailing Nickelodeon and tell them its not intended for their veiwers age group.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.