4wheel parts nightmare - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
OperationSmile.org

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4wheel parts nightmare

So I made a huge mistake. I recently did some dealings with 4wheelparts here in Nashville. I order 6 shocks from them. 4 were for a friend of mines chevy and 2 for my truck. I ordered 4 Procomp ES3000s for 9-12 inches of lift and 2 bilstein 5100s for 3-6 inch of lift. Well I went to pick up my order the other day and guess what. Everything was wrong. I got 4 skyjacker shocks, 2 hydro and 2 nitro. Which was fine cause the chevy is only going to be offroad. But I spent 30 mins with the Assistant manager ordering the shocks. Not once did I mention skyjacker. So why the heck did he order those? The day they were supposed to come in I only got 3 of them. The fourth had not shown up until today. Then I looked at my shocks. They ordered me factory replacements. You know the yellow and blue ones. I was pissed because I had dealt with the Head manager to order these. So after dealing with him for another 30 mins he said he would order the correct ones and call me when they got in. This was last thursday. I called today to find out if they had arrived and the guy I spoke with said only the 4th skyjacker arrived and there weren't any open invoices for me for a set of bilsteins. So I asked to speak to Mike the manager and he said he would call and get a tracking number for me so I needed to call him back in an hour. So I called back and Mike had stepped out. I called 3 more times in 30 min increments and he was still "out". I am royally pissed. I have been waiting 3 weeks to do the shocks on my truck. I am going to 4 wheel parts tomorrow to pick up the skyjacker and I am going to raise hell. I will never use 4 wheel parts again. Im am giong to have Essentially Off Road order my shocks for me. I have done business with them before and had great luck but I chose 4 wheel parts cause its 3 miles from my house. I have to drive 35 miles to EOR and with diesel at 4.50 and me getting 14mpg I figured Id try somewhere closer. I have to go pick up a set of 39.5 iroks anyways so... Plus EOR has way better prices. We got these tires for half of what 4wheelParts wanted. Anyways Anyone considering using 4wheel parts should definately look elsewhere. I know a guy that works there and have bought stuff from him personally. His name is GOZAR on here. He and I have the same truck too. Maybe Matt will see this and can help. I will keep everyone posted.

CLIFFS... Order shocks from 4wheelparts. Recieved completely wrong items. Management doesn't know what they are doing. Gonna demand refund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yea that sounds right.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Infidel

This seems to be a recurring pattern with these guys.
Craig
Old 05-14-2008, 08:07 PM

i had a few problems with them as well i bought a set of super swamper trxus m/t from them and they got torn up SO quick well i went back not long after i had bought them i only got 5,000 miles out of them if you can believe that. well it was arranged for me to drive up there (25miles) and have them look at it bc i was looking to get them replaced cus tires just dont go that fast. anyway waited 2 hours for them to "inspect the problem" and looking over my truck. turns out they denied me any refund or replacements on account of bad tie rods (bull****) and THEN tried to charge me $79 for them inspecting it!!!! i blew up and started yellin cus they were tellin me different things than the guy was i talked to the day before... who wasnt there that day. i basically cussed em out for screwin me over on the tires in the first place (sales guy- "these are great tires, they do good in the mud and also get good mileage") and for tryin to charge me for tryin to find the problem. Im sorry if you work for this company but basically they couldnt find a problem so they just blamed it on the truck to avoid havin to replace the tires or refund the money. btw when i got back i went and had the tie rods checked..... mechanic- "ya there still in great shape you just got f*cked over"

sorry guys i REALLY have to vent time to time even though this happened a year ago. i was 16 at the time and they realized i would believe every word they said when i bought em
Old 05-14-2008, 08:19 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

heard several horror stories dealling with 4wheel parts. sorry for evryones bad luck. we all have had dealings like these with one company or another.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:24 PM
OperationSmile.org

We need to all band together and boycott 4 wheel parts. I will be emailing corporate office about this bs
Old 05-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sorry to hear you are having problems with them. It sounds like a local shop issue to me, despite the numerous horror stories that are out there.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 AM

yep all i have had is nothing but bad from them ....i will never go back ....and you know the funny thing is ..there store's are big and they never and i mean never have anything in stock
Old 05-15-2008, 08:06 AM
OperationSmile.org

Nope they nevery do. I've been in the back of ours and all the have back there are tires and wheels. Nothing else. Im going up there right now
Old 05-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Banned

Sorry you your troubles...I'd be pissed too.

But I love 4wheelparts,..I never had a problem, customer service was always great, and one more good thing,...they always send me extra stuff...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.