Concealed weapon - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2008, 03:28 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Smile Concealed weapon

Well, I passed my Carry Concealed Weapon course today. Now i just need to get a piece to conceal. I'm thinkin i want to go with a 9mm. Ammo is cheaper and can hold more rounds and has less recoil than a .40 or a .45. I'm just not sure which 9mm to get. I'm thinkin either the Glock 17 (i think its 17) subcompact or the Springfield XD subcompact. Have any of you shot either of these? Any other suggestions on gun or caliber?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a Glock fan at all big bulky and I've had to many feed problems. I would go with the springfeild but I also like sig's.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

Congrats! You have taken advantage of a right that all Americans should take advantage of while we are still allowed. I got mine very soon after SC offered them.

As far as what to carry.....whatever you're comfortable carrying. It's not likely that you will need a lot of rounds or should be concerned with recoil. Find something that is concealable and is simple to operate under stressful conditions. This means a revolver in my book.....a large capacity auto to others. Look at holsters and make sure you are comfortable with the weapon in its concealed location. Usually the smaller the better.

Just my $.02.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
I carry a Smith & Wesson Model 640 .38 special J-frame 2" snubnose 5 shot revolver. Mine is stainless and a little heavy but it shoot great. I never have to worry about it ever jamming and is surprisingly accurate. I also put a crimson trace laser grip on it to pimp it out a little.

The model shown below is the airweight....which will probably be my next carry gun.

Crimson Trace Lasergrips - LG-405 for S&W J-Frame

Old 05-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Jon

Carry

I'm in between big guns right now but I have a sweet lil S&W 38 special air weight. Its the most accurate revolver I have ever shot. Great back up gun.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:48 PM
PMR = JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnodd View Post
Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a Glock fan at all big bulky and I've had to many feed problems. I would go with the springfeild but I also like sig's.
Yeah i know of a few guys that have sigs. They seem to like them too. I personally kinda like the glocks, ive fired a glock 27 and it didnt seem too bulky to me anyway, and i figure the 17 would be less bulky. Ive never fired the springfield so im not really sure whether id like it or not.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have a springfield xd .45 service model. Visit the Gun shops in your area and they may have a rental program that you can shoot the gun of your choice and see what byou are comfortable with.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:50 PM
PMR = JUNK

I'm not real big on the revolvers, i like the lighter trigger of the semi autos and also the capacity of them.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 PM
PMR = JUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan.d View Post
I have a springfield xd .45 service model. Visit the Gun shops in your area and they may have a rental program that you can shoot the gun of your choice and see what byou are comfortable with.
How do you like your XD? How's that palm safety, does it work ok or has it ever caused you any problems?
Old 05-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Jon

My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob32187 View Post
Yeah i know of a few guys that have sigs. They seem to like them too. I personally kinda like the glocks, ive fired a glock 27 and it didnt seem too bulky to me anyway, and i figure the 17 would be less bulky. Ive never fired the springfield so im not really sure whether id like it or not.
I like a Glock over anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.