BLUE ON FRIDAYS! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BLUE ON FRIDAYS!

This is w/o the photos, but you all will get the message!

(Ford content, was sent to me by several Ford Nascar race team members)

Mike

BEING PRO-TROOPS DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE PRO-WAR

International Picture of the Year. Here are two very touching photos

First Place

First Place
Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

When 2nd Lt. James Cathey's body arrived at the Reno Airport, Marines climbed into the cargo hold of the plane and draped the flag over his casket as passengers watched the family gather on the tarmac.

During the arrival of another Marine's casket last year at Denver International Airport, Major Steve Beck described the scene as so powerful: 'See the people in the windows? They sat right there in the plane, watching those Marines. You gotta wonder what's going through their minds, knowing that they're on the plane that brought him home,' he said 'They will remember being on that plane for the rest of their lives. They're going to remember bringing that Marine home. And they should.'
Second Place

Second Place
Todd Heisler The Rocky Mountain News

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. 'I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it,' she said. 'I think that's what he would have wanted.'

PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING!

Blue Fridays.

Very soon, you will see a great many people wearing blue every Friday. The reason? Americans who support our troops used to be called the 'silent majority' We are no longer silent, and are voicing our love for God, country and home in record breaking numbers. We are not organized, boisterous or overbearing. Many Americans, like you, me and all our friends, simply want to recognize that the vast majority of America supports our troops. Our idea of showing solidarity and support for our troops with dignity and respect starts this Friday -- and continues each and every Friday until the troops all come home, sending a deafening message that .. every red-blooded American who supports our men and women afar, will wear something blue.

By word of mouth, press, TV -- let's make the United States on every Friday a sea of blue much like a homecoming football game in the bleachers. If every one of us who loves this country will share this with acquaintances, coworkers, friends, and family, it will not be long before the USA is covered in BLUE and it will let our troops know the once 'silent' majority is on their side more than ever, certainly more than the media lets on.

The first thing a soldier says when asked 'What can we do to make things better for you?' is ....'We need your support and your prayers.'

Let's get the word out and lead with class and dignity, by example, and wear something blue every Friday.

IF YOU AGREE -- THEN SEND THIS ON.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Old 05-01-2008, 12:04 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I received this email today and when I read it I had tears in my eyes before I could finish it. I think it is a wonderful thing we could do to show support for our troups. How hard can it be to wear something blue one day a week to show support for those that are fighting to keep our country safe and protect the freedoms that we enjoy? I have experienced a military burial (my brother) and what the color and honor gaurd do is amazing to say the least. I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all members of our Armed Forces and this is coming from a Newly Annointed Military Mother, whose son is on his first deployment. God Bless them all!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

No matter what side of the political spectrum we choose to support.....I hope we can always agree to support our troops
Old 05-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Premium Member

Feeling good.....

i'm in the fast food business and happened to be in the store today at lunch. Man in uniform and his wife happened up to the counter and I noticed. I treated my self to buy their lunch. As they thanked me, I was able to thank them(BOTH). He leaves for his fourth deployment to Iraq tomorrow .

GOD BLESS THEM ALL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.