Reregistering Truck in FL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Project Abused

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reregistering Truck in FL

So im about to head to the Florida DMV and see if i can reregister my truck down here instead of where I live now, VA.
Im in the military and my fiance is down here in Jax, I also have a FL. ID and my other car is registered in FL w/plates/tags. So im thinking if I say Im out of the military now Im living with my Fiance whos going with me with proof of residency, Im hopeing this works so I don't have to worry about inspections in VA and also I can blacken out the windows like crazy and not get in trouble with it in VA where i currently stay.

Does DMV have a program that pulls up your info and does it say if you are renting an apartment somewhere else in the US???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am not sure I would imagine you should not have a problem glad to hear you will be a floridian soon
Old 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f250ghost Send a message via MSN to f250ghost Send a message via Yahoo to f250ghost
It shouldn't be a problem man. My truck is still registered in Indiana even though I'm a Florida resident. I don't think they check. Send me a PM sometime...I'm only about 5 hours from Jacksonville!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

not an issue but be aware there is aa tint law here in Fla... and the FHP does pull peeps over for tint being too dark....
Old 04-28-2008, 09:54 AM

I know my tint is to dark also but hav not really ever had a problem but I have heard of ppl getting in trouble but maybe he is just worried about getting a ticket up in VA
Old 04-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Project Abused

Well im not actually gonna live in FL as im still in the services and stationed in VA, but this is just perfect oppurtunity for me to get past the VA inspections.
I know the police here pull people like crazy for dark tints but ill be keeping the truck in VA where I know for a fact that the VA police can't touch me cause of cosmetics. They don't have jurisdiction in VA over a FL truck with window tint.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to Barchetta
He just wants to have tint in VA.

And yes you can get a citation for your tint being too dark. I believe that it is only a secondary offense. They cannot pull you over simply because of the tint, but once they have you, they can cite you for it.

FHP nailed me 6 years ago for it in my car. It was a fix or pay the fine type deal. I just payed the fine.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Desert Shield/Storm Vet

Not sure how florida law is, but in michigan you don't lose your residency when your in the military.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Project Abused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barchetta View Post
He just wants to have tint in VA.

And yes you can get a citation for your tint being too dark. I believe that it is only a secondary offense. They cannot pull you over simply because of the tint, but once they have you, they can cite you for it.

FHP nailed me 6 years ago for it in my car. It was a fix or pay the fine type deal. I just payed the fine.
I thought if your vechile was registered in another state ie. FL and you get your windows tinted past the legal limit in FL I know they can ticket you for that, BUT once you leave the state of FL no other state police or police in general can ticket you because they don't have the tint law in FL and they don't have jurisdiction to do so since its a FL vechile with a cosmetic violation
Old 04-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Project Abused

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalidle View Post
Not sure how florida law is, but in michigan you don't lose your residency when your in the military.
Im TECH. still a resident in VA as i rent a house there and have a VA drivers liscense but I want to surrender that liscense get a FL one and tell the nice little old lady im out of the military now, and living in FL with my fiance who will be there to back it up with her lease papers.
lol
I was born and raised in VA, got a liscense and an apartment in VA.
Military moved me to FL I got a FL id keep the VA liscense
Have one vechile registered in FL
Military moved me back to VA, now I have a FL ID, want a FL Drivers liscense
I Still live in VA in an apartment, but I want a FL drivers liscense and plates to bypass inspections etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.