Garage Man Law! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Garage Man Law!

I saw this in Sport Truck magazine May 2008 issue (same publication brand as our favored Diesel Power). I thought it was pretty accurate and worth bringing into the forum!
SO MEN! Here's the law's; abide and live. Reject them- and turn in your keys.

1: We drink beer when we work on our trucks. This isn't that hard to understand. We don't mix up margaritas or sip on cosmopolitans when droppin' in a new motor between the fenders of our rides.

2: We have t-shirts that cannot ever be thrown away, no matter how many holes or grease stains are on them. If you can see back hair through the holes in your Spring Splash '94 truck run t-shirt, that is OK. It's not OK for your wide to throw it out or "accidentally" spill enough bleach in the washing machine that the small holes become large enough to stick your head through.

3: We will keep stock truck parts for 30 years, and they are not allowed to be thrown away until we are sure that we don't need them or that they can't be given to a friend. That leaf-spring hanger from the '79 Ford Ranger I saved from the boneyard may come in handy some day.

4:If you borrow an old tool that's on the verge of death and it breaks in your possession, you do have to replace it with a new tool of equal or greater value or of equal or greater power.

5: If you ask another man or group of manly men to help you work on your truck on a Saturday, you are required to provide beer, pizza, and Doritos for the duration of the job or we have every right to raid your fridge and leave without helping you. If we don't feel like leaving it's also permissible to just sit there in a lawn chair and watch you struggle with that new tranny under your PSD.

6: We are permanently excused from working on any car or truck on the following holidays: Super Bowl Sunday, Christmas (pretty important birthday!), any World Series Game day, and whenever any classic car movie is on television; excludes ANY The Fast and The Furious 1, 2, 3, etc.

7: Don't ever ask to drive another man's custom truck. That's like sleeping with his wide, and we know manly men don't swing like that.

8: If you break down and it's not your fault, you may call us for help. If you break down after modifying your truck in a way which prompted another manly man to warn you of the ramifications, then you're out of luck and can proceed calling AAA.

9: Sunday is a day of rest. This means we can rest in the garage without interruption from annoying in-laws and non-gearhead friends. Wives should expect us to remain in the garage until we are fully rested, hungry, or so dirty that we can't stand our own smell and must enter the house to shower.

10: The garage is the manly man's domain! It will not be decorated in anything other than posters of scantily clad women holding power tools, performance part posters, high school sports accolades, or any other symbols of a manly man's triumph over nature, physics, or a bowling tournament.

these can be the garage Man Law, the garage 10 Commandments, you name it. Just follow it. Consider yourself "in-the-know" :nate:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2008, 04:15 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

WERD!!! Thats Man Law for Sure!
Old 04-02-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

only 1 person thought the man law's should be set in place! c'mon manly men rise up!! :nate:
Old 04-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am printing that lol.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Premium Member

I think i will get it framed and hang it in the garage
Old 04-02-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJF View Post
I am printing that lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
I think i will get it framed and hang it in the garage
For sure! i was definitely thinking it was worth making a poster over
Old 04-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
8: If you break down and it's not your fault, you may call us for help. If you break down after modifying your truck in a way which prompted another manly man to warn you of the ramifications, then you're out of luck and can proceed calling AAA.

i dont like that one... but yet it will be hung in the shop and garage.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchase View Post

i dont like that one... but yet it will be hung in the shop and garage.
a tough law to face indeed... but the garage must stand for something, or it will fall for anything
Old 04-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ha ha lol thats awesome..
Old 04-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Rice Hunter

DAMNRITESKIE Very Well Said! Gonna be a new wall hanger fer sure
Good find Nate Man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.