Parking in Handicap spaces -legality - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Parking in Handicap spaces -legality

In my apartment complex there is a handicapped space that a woman in her late 20's has been parking in most every night for several weeks now. She's lived here longer than us, but started parking in it within the past month. She is not handicapped, perfectly capable, has no handicap plate, tag or anything to verify her car being legal in the space. The problem is that I know a few people who visit us sometimes who are legitimately handicapped and have the proper plates/tag to use the space. My mom's fiance is handicapped with back problems. My girlfriend's grandmother is very old and uses a walker and sometimes wheelchair. We've had a lot of rainy days lately, along with chilly temperatures. Well last night I was not aware this chick had parked in the space before my g/f's mom and grandma came to see our baby. It was blustery and rainy out, they got pretty wet walking across the way to our door. Had they been able to use the handicapped space there trip would have been about 30-40 feet max. Yes, they could have picked a better night, but her mom is off every night, and her grandma is retired so they have to take what we can give them with our schedule. I have complained to the leasing office once and my girlfriend has as well but I don't know what they did, if anything. Since she is not legally parked in the spot, can I have the car towed at her expense to send a harsh message about her lack of respect for handicapped people? My temper has grown very short on this matter, and I'm ready to take action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I have excessive flatulance!!

Send a message via AIM to Diesel Nick
I would complain to the apartment manager and if nothin happens then I would take matters in my own hands...
Old 04-01-2008, 10:40 PM

Hook your truck up to it and drag it into the middle of the road. That should give her the idea. Or better yet.... make her handicapped so she does have to use the spot. No thats probably not a good idea.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 PM

I recommend a little windshield note first.
Then call the police if that dont work.
Why recommend doing a criminal act for something like a parking violation?????
Old 04-01-2008, 11:30 PM

i think if you left a note sayin you have someone visit every so often who could really use the handicap space but you ( the girl) always occupy it makes it difficult for my handicapp guest to come over. please park else where if you really dont need the spot. if that doesnt work with being that polite. then i would call the tow truck company acting like the apt. manager
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red73psd View Post
i would call the tow truck company acting like the apt. manager
This is very effective, Dont ask how I know..........
Old 04-02-2008, 01:39 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via Yahoo to txevt
if the car is on private property, the owner/manager can have the car removed. handicap parking must meet city ordinances in order for local police to ticket vehicle. I would contact the owner/manager, then local police, and if local police will not do anything....contact your local media.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tikal
I'd ask her politely about the situation and explain that you have people visiting occasionally who honestly need that spot to park.

...If she's rude or does it again, drag her *** a block away then politely explain the situation to her...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnecsteve View Post
I recommend a little windshield note first.
Then call the police if that dont work.
Why recommend doing a criminal act for something like a parking violation?????
I left a windshield note last night, as it did not rain and the note stayed dry. I would have done it the night before when I was floored about but the note would have gotten wet. Guess I could've wrapped it in plastic but I didn't want to go out in the wet/cold myself.

I won't do anything that could subject me to trouble with the cops, like "making her handicapped" lol, that's great! I would love to hook up and pull the car to Siberia but that could also get me into trouble, plus it'd be loud and people would come to the windows to see what's going on....toooooo many witnesses!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
let us know if the note changes anything! man i hate people like her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.