Having A BABY - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Having A BABY

So Im having my first baby later this year need to find a cool car seat! i mean its got to look good in the truck! any suggestions? any pics? any for sale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 AM

When they are baby's (up to about a year or so) your gonna be stuck with a pretty gay one. Once they go front facing there are some cool ones. Recarro makes some that are slick

Oh yeah and Congrats. I had my 1st almost 2 years ago. The first 8 months are ok. When he turned one we started having a lot of fun. Now he's my little buddy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 PM

surely there is a king ranch style cover or something for them lol Thanks I am crazy excited! having a little girl so im going to be the softest 35 yr old man in the state of Texas lol I cant wait!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:52 PM

First off congratulations on the new addition to come. best days are yet to come, it is a wonderful time.

Note of caution not meant as criticism.

Buying used is not recommended. You don't know the history, recalls etc. It could have been recalled or involved in an accident. Insurance companies will replace a child car involved in an accident whether the child was in it or not no matter the severity of the accident. You have no way to see a hidden stress flaw.

Find a nice one and purchase it, one can not put a price on the safety of your child.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:54 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

Quote:
Originally Posted by dporter View Post
First off congratulations on the new addition to come. best days are yet to come, it is a wonderful time.

Note of caution not meant as criticism.

Buying used is not recommended. You don't know the history, recalls etc. It could have been recalled or involved in an accident. Insurance companies will replace a child car involved in an accident whether the child was in it or not no matter the severity of the accident. You have no way to see a hidden stress flaw.

Find a nice one and purchase it, one can not put a price on the safety of your child.
X2 and besides kids are messy , buy new so your own kid can fill it with Cheerios.......................................... ..
Old 05-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Congratulations! I worried about car seat looks too. But now Im filled with pride whenever someone makes comments about the three car seats across the back seat. And yes, one of 'em is Pink! Nothing quite like three little faces grinin' from ear to ear at the sound of a 6.0 at WOT.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 PM

thanks! the thing about buying new i completely agree with i was discussing it earlier and said the same thing.... to many what if's !!! thanks for all the congrats and yes mine will be pink and i will say im crazy excited since i only work 6 months out of the year i will for sure have "daddys little girl syndrome" Im very excited and glad in a way that I waited till later in life to start having babies! If there are any that anyone likes more than others feel free to inform me!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Premium Member

Congrats on the baby!!

Tom
Old 05-15-2013, 10:13 PM

Thanks! an amazing feeling! getting to hear the heart and feeling her kick! its making me not near as worried about this ford and a lot more interested in car seats and baby bottles!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 AM

Hey find a custom baby boutique. There are a LOT of them for girls. They can (or know someone who can) make you a seat cover for any car seat you find. My mother in law makes them. Might cost a bit for a king ranch looking one. Maybe have a king ranch looking microfiber. They can do some cool stuff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.