Back to Basics - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Back to Basics

Ok, I want to start a new thread about average Joe and his truck. I've got and OBS 95 7.3 psd. When I joined the forum I had thoughts of doing some mods and whatever. But guess what, the truck runs great does what I want, and gets me from point A to point B with enough power. I have scrapped the idea of a lot of mod's (except the beefy transmission I am going to get from Brian's, in the spring because of the towing issue I have). So am I alone, or are any of you guy's happy with you stock truck. I think mods and Hp stuff sometimes cloud up the whole outlook of the basic truck.

lets here if form the rest of you,

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2007, 05:51 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I wish I could share your lack of thirst for more HP...

My pockets would have a few more pennies in them!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Alright..... its good to hear someone whos not interested in 700hp.....I have two near stock strokes. Small chips, exhaust minor stuff. The reason i drive strokes is not to have to work on something all the time. Those high mod trucks are nice to look at but i drive 100-150 miles a day. I gave my lifted 01 250 to my girlfriend cause i got tired of bouncing around. I drive a near stock 96 350 and it pulls ANYTHING i want and goes a lot faster than I want to go. It'll also still be around when all the high hp trucks are on there 2nd, 3rd engine. I love to see a stroke do a burnout or truck pull or hook chains and drag a dodge or duramax. But for me..... i want something i can drive for 10-15yrs worry free. Thats also why i' sticking witht the tried and true 7.3!!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I have the thurst!!!!!, but economics is the main issue here, dollars per horsepower / with fuel cost added in. So what's it worth?

Jim
Old 11-28-2007, 06:05 PM

The only thirst I have is for Miller Lite and a truck to last several hundred thousand miles. For the guys that have money to spend thousands of dollars a year on mods and repairs....thats awesome. I love to see what a wound up stroke can do. But what makes me smile even more is the 1993 stock f250 i saw the other day with 832,000 mile on orig. motor. Either way...long live ford diesel.(hopefully they'll pull it together soon.)
Old 11-29-2007, 07:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I guess you and I are the only ones that are satisfied with lightly moded or stock trucks.

Jim
Old 11-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My 2002 is my first diesel, and I like it the way it is but it is hard not to get sucked into trying to get more out of it. My plan (so far) is to go just slightly away from stock. I think I am going to get the AIS intake, a good free flow muffler as opposed to an entire exhaust system, and the edge evolution II programmer. I want this particular programmer due to the cool electronic gauges. I know I will set the programmer to whatever setting gives the best mileage, being the cheap bugger that I am. That is all I want and is more than I will ever need. I don't ever intend to lift it or anything of that sort. Am I close enough to stock for you guys? I too am more interested in having the truck last a long time than I am in smoking the tires off it.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Sure, I've got some light mods on my truck. I'm just not going to go nuts and spend a ton of money on mods. Like I said earlier I going to have a real beefy transmission built, for towing. But it is more of a necessity than a luxury. I'm the kind of person that drives a truck til the wheels fall off, then I put them back on and go some more.

Jim
Old 11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Emergency Services

I have an 04 that is completely stock. I was planning to do some type of exhaust and maybe some gauges just to see what was going on. I have gotten over the lift and I know that high hp usually brings breakage. So, does this still leave me in the "stock" category? What I have now is more than I see myself needing for a while so why reinvent the wheel.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:30 PM

Smile i am in

almost stock is good too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.