CB Antennas - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
CB Antennas

I want to mount a CB (thanks Dave!) in my rig but since I park in parking garages I'm looking for a small form factor antenna. The CB is an RCI like Logan's and has a gazillion channels - before I get flamed by the HAM guys I'm only looking to use the basic ones barring an emergency. BUT I am probably going to mount a 200 watt kicker - again just in case I get hurt at the ranch or something and need to reach out and touch someone. Do they make such an animal in an antenna that is......"small"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2007, 01:31 PM
The Fat Mod

Yeah, my Wilson 5000 beats the crap out of parking decks. Well, that was when I could still fit into them.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Will a 102" whip hit everything in the world if I stuck it on the rear bumper of my truck? (in the same breath, I've heard mounting it at either end of the truck is not good....but I cant mount a whip on the rooftop)

Last thing I want to do is hit all the overhead wires in my neighborhood...or overpasses when travelling for that matter

Or.....is there a shorter magnet mount I can stick on the rooftop instead?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:25 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
TRY RADIO SHACK THEY SELL CB ANTENNAS AND SO DOES SOME LOCAL TRUCK STOPS
Old 01-16-2008, 06:27 AM

I guess I was looking for something more specific (length or model)......some of the shorter ones are terrible, so I have heard. I dont want to waste effort or money on a short, but crappy one.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:37 AM

I always loved the sound of my 102 smacking everything in site most wires wre 12 feet or taller but as long as the wire isnt bare it wont hurt to hit...Make evryone stare going threw the bank window...HEHEHE..and parking garages every beam tink,tink,tink got to love em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!My wipes on my mirrors took out the light in the drivethru at the bank and when they got made I told them to keep the doors open til 4pm and I wouldnt be going thru it....
Old 01-16-2008, 09:57 AM

I am looking for one too, I have to find a certain antenna that has an adjustment at the bottom, it works well and isn't much over the height of the cab and works well, when I find it, I'll post it up.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:06 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Rod you have many options out there, you can mount 4ft fiberglass to your mirrors, you can mount 3 ft fiber glass to your mirrors, I suggest nothing shorter then 4ft with that radio. You can mount a wilson to the roof, Just have to remove it, You can mount wilson trucker style antenna to the mirror. Shouldn't be a problem with parking garages.

Personally if it was me. I would go with a wilson or k40 trucker sytle antenna mounted to the mirror of your truck. This will give you the most roof clearance and best antenna for you to use.

I have a 102 inch mounted to my bed. When I park in parking garages I bend the antenna back and wedge between the rubber stops on the tailgate. Looks kinda like a military truck if you catch my drift.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:57 PM

i know this thread is old but i figure this may help some people i had a box i got from radio shack in my old truck that split the regular antenna in to 2 and you could hook the cb to it. it worked really good you might could find one online somewhere the no one knows you a cb in your rig
Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I am just watching this one. I dont know much about the little antennas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.