Is 25,000 to much - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 06:48 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Is 25,000 to much

Ok so someone asked if I would sell my truck. They asked me how much for my truck. I said 25,000 as is. It has 156,000 mile on it, needs new tires, has 4 inch exhaust, tymar intake, gauges, ts 6, built trans, has multiple dents and needs a new tail gate and paint job. The guy knows I hunt and work on a farm. He knows the condition of the truck. But he also knows that it gets maintained. As in oil change every 5,000 miles, trans change 30,000 the only fluid I have not changed ever is the diff fluid. I know it needs to be changed like every 80,000 miles. But why mess with something that is not broken. Anyways he has not came back with a counter yet. But do you all think I am asking to much.

The thing is my truck is paid off. I own it so for me to sell it. I would want to be able to go buy another PSD and have it paid for in full at the time of purchase. BTW my truck still blue books for around 20,000 the last time I looked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2007, 06:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I bought my 03 6.0 with 60K miles with an edge w/ attitude, dual pipes in good condition for about $25K from a car lot and I know the previous owner and know it was taken care of also
Old 11-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Living on a prayer

There's true value in knowing the history of a vehicle. but are you saying you're asking 5K more than blue book? that might be a tad high, but might be worth it to someone who knows you and knows the truck.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:39 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam View Post
There's true value in knowing the history of a vehicle. but are you saying you're asking 5K more than blue book? that might be a tad high, but might be worth it to someone who knows you and knows the truck.
Well the truck I am wanting is a 2005 F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.0L it is yellow with fiberglass cap and the dealership it sits at is asking 25,000. So in order for me to get that truck with no payments I need 25,000 for my truck. I know I am dreaming. The dealer is telling me 12,000 trade in. Uh I think I will keep my truck for now.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:46 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
I think you are asking to much. I also think you should keep it, its paid off. And youll end up just buying another truck anyway and whoopidity doo another vehicle payment. Keep the badass truck or sell it for 17-20k. then buy a cheapass truck
Old 11-16-2007, 08:50 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewitlooie View Post
I think you are asking to much. I also think you should keep it, its paid off. And youll end up just buying another truck anyway and whoopidity doo another vehicle payment. Keep the badass truck or sell it for 17-20k. then buy a cheapass truck
Hey if an idiot comes along and gives me 25,000 I will sell it. I mean it has 156,000 miles on it. It has been to hell and back a few times. If you don't believe me look it up on google maps hell michigan. It is located by howell michigan.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

i think it is priced to high, but if you have an offer for it, take it..

i stole mine for the sale price of $27,895 +a $3300 warranty.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Jon

Well

This is a tough one. Even though a 7.3 blue books less then a 6.0 it is worth more. Is your truck worth 25? I would say yes. Was mine worth more then 25 I would again say yes. A truck like Scuffy's is worth over 30 but the problem is you will never get it unless god is shining down on you for this reason, who has that kind of money laying around? I dont, so the problem lies in people getting financed for that much on a 7.3. Banks are stupid. They dont realize these are 400,000 mile vehicles and they dont realize that they are far superior to the 6.0. So in a round about way, dont sell it. It would be the biggest mistake of your life. Especially since its paid off.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
The dealer is telling me 12,000 trade in.
That is way low. I wouldnt even think less the 20.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroketech View Post
A truck like Scuffy's is worth over 30 but the problem is you will never get it unless god is shining down on you for this reason, who has that kind of money laying around?
Scuffy is good, but I don't think even he could get $30k for a truck that doesn't run!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.