Mini Van? - Page 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know you said USA only but the truth is Honda , Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai make better cars right now.
My old job had ford escapes, they always broke and wouldn't last 100k, barely made 60k on them. They switched to Hyundai Santa Fe (10 of them now)they have a 10yr 100k warranty and so far none have broke or had any issues. The one I drove had 72k when I left that job. Had 5k when I got it. It was a v6 AWD and got 25mpg. I did power line right of way work so they were/are used pretty hard.
I bought one for my wife v6 fwd and she gets 27mpg. I know these are SUVs but imports are on top of their game right now.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2012, 11:25 AM
Premium Member

My in laws are big dodge people and have two caravans and they are the biggest pos. The one has just over 100k and is in the shop at least once a month. It's on it's 3rd Trans. They bought a newer one (2010 or 2011) since the other one was always in the shop. It too has gone in for a lot of repairs. It has 40 or 50k on it.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Chrysler is made in Canada. The Honda, Toyota, and Nissan are all made in American plants. I would say go for the Nissan out of those three.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
that only works if your a big balla and have the cash to pay for it

my uncle buys vehicles at auctions to resell... ill have to hit him up when were ready.... but that means i will need to sell the edge private party

Start small, and keep the money earned for the next big score... trust me.. I am not a big balla

I started with a 2k vehicle. then 5k, ect, then I got this truck for 10k. I think I made out ok.

And IMHO, their is nothing better then selling your Edge Private Party. I never did and don't plan on trading cars.. ever. You lose so much of your hard earned money just so the dealer can make that 2-5k... why not wait on it for some time and sell P.P. and YOU get that 2-5k profit...

Now thinking about it, I think Toyota will change to my #1 sadly.
I just am a hardcore Honda guy, but Deep down I think Toyota vans beat the Honda by a bit... But the fella having issues with the Honda van. Trust me, you just had bad luck with one.

I've had three hondas recently. Now my wife has an 04 Acura MDX (first P.P purchase I made lol)
None of them had any issues like that... not even the ones with 150k-200k miles
Old 12-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
we have a crossover now.... the Ford Edge... but its me, wife, and 3 kids. The edge only sits 5( and barely) . if we want to have another kid we will need something with a 3rd row....
How about something like an explorer?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM

We are in the same boat right now... we sold my truck so my wife had something more to drive around in... were looking at getting a new 2013 town and country limited they are fully loaded with dual dvd players, stow and go seating, the 3rd row flips over to be a tailgate seat, power sliding doors with roll down windows, power lift gate.. there are a lot of nice features on them.. we also just heard they are making a Town and Country S model which will have an upgraded wheels lights grill suspension and blu ray... it will be available January 2013
Old 12-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.0f250firstcar View Post
How about something like an explorer?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Explorer is a 5 seater. Or a VERY tight 7 seater... Minivans are alot more comfy, especially for trips with others
I have an MDX. only three of us but with some other people in the car, it get TIGHT going cross state... especially cuz the third row takes up most of the trunk space.

You haven't driven around with a couple stollers in the back yet have you
AND A WIFE PACKING CLOTHES for the weekend!!!

LOL

Im sure Raul and other married men with kids can attest!

He needs like an Excursion... or a small school bus
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
I am so glad that my kids are older. I don't miss the days of packing half the house for a weekend trip.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:24 PM

well for being brand new for 30 - 40K... compared to a suburban, expedition EL, Yukon XL or Escalade ESV of 50k - 70k
Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Premium Member

I gotta admit... I have looked at new minivans in Toyota and Honda... Even though im 23, I would not be embarrassed to drive those things. They are lower profile, have really nice body lines and hardly even look like minivans now!

Plus they are soo equipped I wont be surprised that they will come out with a back massager in the seats soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.