This has to Be Stopped - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 04:16 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
This has to Be Stopped

Another school shooting. This one was at a Middle School Football game. I am going to try and contact a member that lives up there to get more details.

4 Shot at Michigan Middle School Game
By DAVID EGGERT 2 hours ago

SAGINAW, Mich. (AP) Gunfire erupted during halftime at a middle school football game on Wednesday afternoon, wounding two teenagers and two adults, police said.

A 16-year-old boy was shot in the neck, Detective Sgt. Brent Vanderhaar said. The three others were treated and released, some after being grazed by bullets.

Police late Wednesday were questioning one person whom Vanderhaar described as a "person of interest." The investigator would not say whether the person had been arrested and gave no other details.

Vanderhaar would not say whether the boy had been targeted by the shooter, but did say the other victims apparently were innocent bystanders walking from the game.

No arrests had been made, but police had one person in custody being questioned as a "person of interest," Vanderhaar said.

The injured teenagers were not students at South Middle School, where the shootings took place about 5:15 p.m. The other victims were an adult male and an adult female, Vanderhaar said. He declined to provide more details.

About 100 people were attending the game when the shooting erupted a short distance from the school's football field, where the team was playing Central Middle School, Vanderhaar said.

Safiya Mosley, a Saginaw Public Schools spokeswoman, said players and spectators were moved toward the center of the football field immediately after the shootings. They were allowed to leave after police indicated the situation was under control.

Classes were to be held Thursday at the middle school under stepped-up security, Mosley said. Crisis counselors would be available to students needing them, she said.

"Things that go on in the community sometimes has effects in the schools," Mosley said. "It's going to take the community as a whole to fix it."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2007, 04:23 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Blame it on the parents...there are alot of kids these days that have no idea what hard clean living and responsibility is all about. They have no guidance... IMO.
I see it all the time. My son won't be that way. Hes 9 and hes on the right track.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:35 AM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Man.. that's bad news.

I'm with Clay on this one.. but I think it goes farther. It's more than just parents, it's society as a whole.

I have no use for anyone who abuses a child. There is no call for that kind of actions. But... had I acted the way I see a lot of kids acting these days, I'd have gotten my hide tanned!!! Would that have been abuse? NO... my parents used effective parenting methods. I did't get hit, slapped, or spanked for every little error.. but when I deserved it, I got what was coming to me.

In today's world, many parents are afraid to even tell their kids "no". Allegations by a vengeful child of abuse would lead to investigations, questioning, possibly even arrest. It's no better at schools, where teachers no longer wield any authority. Kids are allowed to do what they want, until they cross a line major enough to get them in trouble with the law.

I feel we'd have a lot less problems with things like this if we got over all of the touchy feely, "don't hurt the child's self esteem" kind of thinking that seems to be the rule these days. Judicious use of corporal punishment would go a long way to solving some of these problems.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Jon

Hey

I'm just as sick and tired of the shooting stuff as anyone and I think its a damn shame but I wish we could hear about the good stuff that happens everyday. Thats whats wrong with this world and it starts with the media. These *******s that do the shooting know that wheather they die in the process or not they will be know everywhere because people want to talk about it. Dont give them the air time and I bet it wont happen.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:48 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Yes Aaron, i agree, society as a whole and these lax parents that i'm talking about are the ones that make up a large portion of our society today.
It's a different world out there today!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:54 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
I say screw social services, screw child services, screw the liberals that call 911 when they see a parent actively correcting their child in public. The sad part is the Social Workers, Child Service Workers, and those Liberal Parents are all Hypocrypts. Because most likely they were spanked when they done wrong. Did they turn out all crazy no. Most likely they spanked there kids, I bet that there kids turned out ok too. Ever since we have became more kinder, gentler, society the kids have been running around doing what they want. They always just say what are you going to do if you touch me I am calling the police.

My cousin had this problem with her daughter. She started getting out of control. What did my cousin do she called me up. I went picked up my cousins daughter. Guess where I took her too, no not my work. I took her to the farm. Made her shovel steer crap all day long, working hard all day long. Needless to say after a month of weekends of that. She now gets straight A's and ain't been to the principals office since. Why because she knows if she goes to the principals office she s getting a visit from me. Back to the farm she will go.

I am not saying it is ok to beat your kids. But I am going to tell you right now. When my son screws up and deserves a spankin he will get one. When he gets older and needs to be punished hard labor will come to him. I say this because that is what my parents did to me. It worked on me and it will work on my son.

It is everyones fault that things like this are happening. Now it is becoming more common. It is time for our elected officials to start protecting our kids. Allow legal Concealed Weapon carriers to carry into schools. I think it is pretty stupid, to have a right to carry law. But then you can't carry anywhere because everywhere you go through out your day is off limits. Dropping your kids off at school, going to churches, hospitals, sporting events, school events and a bunch of other places. If the state government is going to have a right to carry law. It should be just that a right to carry a firearm where ever you go. I think that is one reason why schools are such an easy target. Because no armed security, school doors are usually open all day long. It is very simple for someone to go into a school or school event and open fire.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post

It is everyones fault that things like this are happening. Now it is becoming more common. It is time for our elected officials to start protecting our kids. Allow legal Concealed Weapon carriers to carry into schools. I think it is pretty stupid, to have a right to carry law. But then you can't carry anywhere because everywhere you go through out your day is off limits. Dropping your kids off at school, going to churches, hospitals, sporting events, school events and a bunch of other places. If the state government is going to have a right to carry law. It should be just that a right to carry a firearm where ever you go. I think that is one reason why schools are such an easy target. Because no armed security, school doors are usually open all day long. It is very simple for someone to go into a school or school event and open fire.
That is how I have felt all along. The law needs to change. I am not for arming every teacher like some people are for, however I am for the school paying for cc classes for those who want to attend and carry.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I say stop this **** with making schools and college campus' "gun free" zones. It does nothing but make it nearly certain that the only person carrying is a criminal. I agree that the problem starts at home and with society in general but until that changes give innocent people a means to defend them self. I legally carry nearly everyday but hope to hell I never have to pull it out besides at the range. Hang the little bastard if they find him.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Serving Our Country!

I agree to a degree with parents being blamed for children's behavior. The way things go today parents are afraid to discipline their kids but the problem is they are ok with that. Not that long ago my mother slapped my, at the time 16 year old sister, and she contacted the police. The police advised my sister and my mom that "that was her parental right" as long as there wasn't a bruise or the strike wasn't with a closed fist. Kids are given too many rights these days and I think it's parents that keep their kids in check and have structure are the minority and are made to feel that way. I'm pretty sure my girls won't be acting like that and we aren't afraid to discipline them. Public or not.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:05 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Discipline starts young - if you instill right from wrong and your word is gospel at a very young age you shouldn't have to be worrying about serious discipline at 16 or 17. Furthermore pay attention to what your kids are doing.
I never received an azz whoopin I didn't earn and neither did my kids. I haven't had to lay a hand on my kids in YEARS. That's because I taught them right from wrong and what their mother and I say goes very young. I grew up with guns ALL OVER our house. My father was a Combat Engineer - they build crap and blow it the hell up, that's wht they do in the Army. I used to read the Army manuals on blowing crap up as a kid - I NEVER ONCE thought about using one of those guns in an illegal manner, nor did I ever with all the knowledge at my fingertips think of building a bomb. My PARENTS instilled right from wrong in me. I have loaded guns all over my house but I never ever worry about my kids being around them.
It IS the parents fault and I'll tell you why - if you can't controll your kids it was the parents fault for having them to begin with.
Remember the movie Starship Troopers? I read the book years before the movie came out. In the book the High School teacher is discussing discipline with them and he uses the death penalty as an example. It went loosly something like this - not having punishment, or instilling right from wrong at an early age make no sense. If you have a puppy and it poops on the floor and you do nothing about it, so it continues on doing it until one day it becomes a dog, poops on the floor and you take it outside and shoot it in the head. Doesn't make much sense does it, when had you taught it as a puppy not do - taught it right from wrong you never would have had to kill it. We do that in the US. Parents don't instill values, or teach right from wrong when kids are young. SO their kids get older and steal a car. Society doesnt do anything so the kids go back home to the parents. The kids continue on this revolving cycle of doing wrong things until they turn 18 and rape and murder someone. Then we execute them.......seems had the parents done what a parent should do on day one the odds were greater that never would have had to happen.
Ok - off my soapbox, I'm out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.