B of A is the devil! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
B of A is the devil!

I called up Bank Of America (credit card) and got a payoff amount for them as of a certain day.......overnighted a cashiers check.........had to fight with them about when it got there even though I had the date,time, and who signed for it..........now a week later they add $200 of finance charges that they said I didn't ask for after the account showed paid off for a couple of days!!!!!!!!!!! Argued with them a couple of times on the phone and got nowhere (but it made me feel a little better) I was finally able to pay the dang thing off and they add this! Kinda like getting in the last laugh before I cancel it. BEWARE OF BANK OF AMERICA..........the good news is they will never get a dime of my money after I pay this nor will any other cc company
Momma says....Credit Cards are the devil!

Ok, off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 PM

Yup, I'm not a BoA fan myself either. Only reason I stuck with them was b/c of the amount of travel I did and wanted to have a concrete branch to walk into. Not so much in need of that anymore. They're on a short leash with me right now, probably end up moving my BoA stuff to the bank I use with my business. I use me some CC's now though. Run up a balance, pay it all off, and get a free trip out of it or somethin' !!!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Its a good idea to cancel the membership as soon as the money is added to your account. You may have to check the ballance over the phone, but if they can, most cc companies will keep adding finance charges even after the balance is paid.

Momma was right, as always!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
yup i got b of a and hate it.... only reason ive stayed this long is because i have too many accounts with them and it would be a pain in the rear to switch them all
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
I used to work for Bank of America and have all my accounts with them because they are free with my mortgage... Also, they are all over the US -- so much easier to get cash/monies while traveling... which is a HUGE plus for me..

anyway -- some things to keep in mind -- just because you paid off your CC a week ago, does not mean that you don't owe the finance charges from the beginning of your cycle to the day you paid it off. That is where the extra charges come from when your new cycle comes around. You can't forget about that and blame them when the charges show up. Its all in the disclosures you get when you open the account and also every year.

I do agree that some of the fees are ridiculous, like their fees for using a foreign ATM are going up to $3.00 or more per transaction!! And their interest rates aren't that great either unless you have LOTS of $$$$....
Old 10-24-2007, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01F250 View Post
anyway -- some things to keep in mind -- just because you paid off your CC a week ago, does not mean that you don't owe the finance charges from the beginning of your cycle to the day you paid it off. That is where the extra charges come from when your new cycle comes around. You can't forget about that and blame them when the charges show up. Its all in the disclosures you get when you open the account and also every year.
I understand that. That is why I asked what would be the total "payoff" amount on my account as of the 18th. They said I had to have asked for the account total as of the 18th. The keyword I made sure to throw in when I called was payoff.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

B of A is great. It's where all the illegal aliens cash their paychecks if the line at the grocery store is too long.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Well... thats technically not the key word... becuase your payoff would have been such and such as of the 18th, but the accrued interest would still be added in at your next billing cycle

glad you're getting it taken care of though! Just paid off some debt myself! Feels good...

and yes they cash checks because thats a free 5-10 bucks per check! Smart business
Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I bank with them as well but mostly because it is my companies bank and it just makes life easy. I haven't had too many problems with them but I did read the B of A is #2 on MSN Money's Customer Service Hall of Shame.
The Customer Service Hall of Shame - MSN Money
Old 10-24-2007, 01:59 PM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
I have been with them for my CC and I guess I have been one of the lucky one. I have not had any issues with them so far. Knock on wood.(my head). LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.