Don't do business with Bill Etscorns in Louisville, Ky - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Don't do business with Bill Etscorns in Louisville, Ky

If you're in the Louisville, Ky area, and you need any body work done to your vehicle, make sure you don't use Bill Etscorns . Here's our complaint to the Better Business Burea. The car has been in the shop for a total of 11 weeks. I just want to make sure that no one else gets taken by Bill Etscorns in Louisville, Ky.

Quote:
Well, where to start? I took my 2010 Vw Jetta to Bill Etscorn's to have hail damage repaired from the March 2nd storms. Being a preferred shop of our insurance company, we figured we had nothing to worry about. State Farm estimated $6,300 to fix it. Minus my $500 deductible, they cut me a check for $5,800. They recommended that the roof be cut off and replaced, the hood and truck lid replaced, along with paintless dent repair on some of the other panels. Dropped the car off at Etscorn's. I told them that I wanted them to pay the deductible, which they said they thought they could do. Joe called me (who no longer works there) and said that they didn't feel it necessary to cut the roof off (and that they would be scared to do) and by not doing that, they could cover my deductible. He said they were going to weld metal rods in the dents and pop them back out. Being a "professional" body shop, I trusted their judgement and agreed.

About a week later, they call and said the car was ready. My husband went to pick it up. It was cloudy outside that day and the car was parked in the shade. Being that the car was nice and clean, he didn't inspect it very closely. They refunded us $567 to cover the deductible when he picked the car up. On his way home, he noticed that the windshield no longer had tint on it. Also noticed that there were dirty hand prints all over the white headliner. Got the car home in the garage and started looking it over. Upon closer inspection, every panel that they painted looked horrible. There were fine scratches, rough spots, orange peel and in general, the paint just didn't look right. I also noticed that the windshield had been replaced (there was nothing wrong with it when the car was dropped off). I called Etscorn's and explained the situation to them. They told me to bring the car back for them to repair their work and paid for a rental car out of their pocket (which in my eyes, proves that they knew they messed up). I asked them about the windshield and their response was that the windshield got broken while being removed to perform repairs. They charged me for a new windshield and replaced it with an aftermarket unit. I didn't feel that was right since there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. They agreed to have a factory windshield installed and have it tinted.

Two weeks after dropping it off the second time, they called to inform me that it's ready. I went to pick it up and it didn't really look like they did anything else to it besides replacing and re-tinting the windshield. Joe signed a note, saying to bring the car back in one week for "orange peel". He also had the manager sign the note. I left their shop, got a couple of miles up the road and noticed that there were still dirty hand prints on the white headliner. I turned around and went back to the shop. In the 10 minutes I was gone, Joe had already left for the day. Another employee proceeded to tell me how good the paint looked. He also brought out a bottle of cleaner and attempted to get the dirt off of the headliner (which he wasn't able to). Being at a loss for words, I left their shop. On the way home, it started raining. When I turned on the windshield wipers, I noticed that the passenger windshield wiper looked like it was streaking. Upon arriving home, I found that the passenger windshield wiper was broken and that the wiper arm had scratched the brand new windshield. At this point, I decided that I'd had enough and contacted my insurance company. After much back and forth and 2 State Farm inspectors agreeing that the work was sub-standard, they agreed to let me take the car to a shop of my choice. Upon taking the car to a new shop, they immediately pointed out that the hood and the trunk were never replaced like I was charged for. The dents are still visible on the bottom sides of both. The clear coat was peeling on the front fender. The tail light that they replaced due to being cracked by the hail was scratched. There were parts of the inner dash that were removed to replace the windshield, missing and I was charged for. The inner door handle was broken. They used filler to fix the roof instead of fixing it how we had discussed. The white headliner and pillar covers were ruined and had to be replaced. All in all, there are nearly $1,000 in parts/repairs that we were charged for that we didn't receive/weren't performed correctly. State Farm cut me another check for $4,000 to have the car "fixed" again. A couple of weeks into the repairs, the body shop needed another $300 for additional repairs.

After looking around the BBB website, it doesn't look like this is an isolated incident. I don't feel that Etscorn's should be on the preferred list of my insurance company and they definitely shouldn't have an A+ rating with the BBB. I wonder how many other people they did this to that never noticed it or never cared enough to pursue it?

Last edited by Eric; 10-01-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sounds like a classy shop
Old 10-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

They just had another complaint filed against them on Oct 1st

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Etscorns used to be a highley recommended body shop back when I was in High School. Sounds like they've gone way down hill since then.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator

Exactly why we took the car there. Haven't really heard much good about them lately.

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 10-05-2012, 06:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just FYI, my wife has used Lambright's there in Mt. Washington 3 times on 2 different cars and we have always been very pleased with their customer service and work. My mom has also used them and had a good experience and results.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Lambright's is awesome. I've used them before as well

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
it up for others.....
Old 11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I dealt with the same Crap from Geico's preferred shop
I think they cut the price to the Insurance companies to much to do a good job
Old 11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
I dealt with the same Crap from Geico's preferred shop
I think they cut the price to the Insurance companies to much to do a good job
I agree. Also, for the record, you might as well complain to the wall as to complain to the better business bureau. I told them that I wanted to be reimbursed for the parts I was charged for but weren't used. My complaint was closed and the BBB said that Etscorn's "made a good faith effort to resolve the complaint but I was not satisfied with their response". Here's a link to the complaint, I don't know if it will work or not Consumer Complaints for Bill Etscorn's, Inc. - BBB serving Louisville, Southern Indiana, and Western Kentucky Funny to me that I'm not the only person accusing them of not using new parts they charged for. It makes me mad that they still have an A+ rating

I'd love to know what they said when they read the part where I said I'd be more than happy to have the paint sanded off the car to prove that they screwed me Feel free to comment on the BBB site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.