Always Remember - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Always Remember

The words "never forget" seem so small in comparison to the magnitude of the events that transpired 11 years ago. The human language does not have words to fully convey the meaning of what I feel when I remember what I saw, what I felt, and what I know happened that day. "Never forget", to me, implies that something like that can be forgotten. But for this American, it never can be. Those images are burned upon my memory, they are forever part of me. The horror I felt when I saw those buildings fall, the men and women jumping to their deaths......the bravery of ordinary Americans who fought to steer an airliner into the ground........and later the images I saw of the firefighters, 343 of them, going up, when everyone else was running down........or the sight of the American flag next to the gaping hole in the pentagon.

I can't ever forget what I saw that day. It's impossible. It is burned into my memory. It's an indelible mark left on me until the day I take my last breath. I will always remember the bravery of those who responded, and are responding still. This American will always remember. Forgetting it is not an option, even if I wanted to. God bless those who lost their lives that day, God bless their families, and God bless all Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Well said....

GPDA Member...
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to Farmerjohn Send a message via Yahoo to Farmerjohn
AMEN..... It hits me the same every year as it did on that day
Old 09-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

I completely agree with your statements. Every 9/11, I still remember how I was weeping for the lost ones, angry this did happen on our own soil, baffled by how it could have happened and stunned with the rest of the nation as we saw the day unfold. But...there was also the pride in the first responders when we began to hear of the countless acts of heroism in the face of danger. We heard about the heros of Flight 93.

I cannot forget.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM
Retired Coastie

Well said, Ian. Like you, I could never forget that day.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
We All Will Remember

We weren’t there when you were born, took your first step, or spoke your first word…
...But someone will remember.
We weren’t there when you road your first bicycle, played your first sport, had your first ballet recital…
But someone will remember.
We weren’t there for your first day of school, High School Prom, or your Graduation.
We weren’t there for your 1st, 16th, 21st, 40th, 60th or any other of your birthdays…
We weren’t there for your first date, engagement, or even your wedding…
We weren’t there when you graduated college, received your Bachelors, received your Masters, or even your Doctorate…
We weren’t there for you newspaper route, your decision to join the Armed Forces, or even the day you Retired…
We weren’t there when you became a brother, sister, uncle, aunt, Mother, Father, or even a Grandparent…
We may not have been there throughout your life’s good times and bad, ups and downs, special events, birthdays or holidays…
But we were there the day your life was tragically and selfishly taken from you, you families, and friends…
We All will remember.

In Memory of All victims of September 11, 2001
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 AM

I will never forget. I've deployed 3 times fighting with, and against muslims. Like those of the greatest generation who harbor a grudge against Japs and Germans, I will never trust another one.

I have pride in my country, though she is divided and going through hard times...
I have faith in God, though I don't understand his plan...
I ask his forgiveness for the anger and hatred I feel toward the nation of islam.
And I ask him, please,

God bless America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.