WTF Credit Companies???!!! (LONG) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 03:30 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
WTF Credit Companies???!!! (LONG)

OK..so the other day I get a phone call from my credit card company. They were concerned b/c I missed a payment. That was totally cool with me. With all the tranny issues and all, I totally forgot to pay it and I told the guy, (some middle eastern/Indian sounding guy) that I would pay it ASAP...as I didn't have the cash in the account at the moment. So, after all that, he insists that I pay NOW! "You need to pay this immediately. Your due date is 12 OCT and if it is not payed by then, we will report it as a non-payment to the credit reporting companies." This was the last week of SEPT! I told him that I don't have the money at this moment but I get payed in a few days and I'll pay it on the 1st or 2nd of OCT so I should be OK. Then he goes off like, "If I offer you a lower interest rate, will you pay right now?" I told him no, b/c I don't have the cash. I would make a payment ASAP...and if he would lower my interest rate after I payed, that would be cool. We went round and round like this about 5 or 6 times and I eventually just had to say, "Thank you for the reminder Sir...I will pay my bill online when I have the money." He apparently got mad at me and hung up.

WTF is up with that??!!! He's asking me to make a payment, that I forgot, and then gets mad when I make arrangements to pay it...eventhough it's not what HE wanted? Grrr. I know I shouldn't have but I was visibly angry after all that. I thank him for calling to remind me but WTF was up with the attitude about it.

I set it up the next day online to be payed on the 2nd of OCT...right after I got payed...so no late fee or reporting to the credit folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

they can be aggervating some times
Old 10-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Premium Member

Offer him $1.00. Then he can't say that you aren't trying to fulfill your debt. I tried to collect on a bad check from a customer, and that's what he did. Pi$$ed me off, but as long as he is trying, I have no recourse. It would probably be fun if the shoe were on the other foot.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:04 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
I just thought that it was funny/aggrivating that he called me 2 weeks from the 'dead last due date' and insisted that I pay "right now". I payed it...when I had the money.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
they are crazy sometimes -- I do feel good when they call to remind you and try to save you a late fee -- that is always nice -- and definately nice to lower the interest rate... but its crazy when they can't get it thru their head that you don't have the $$$ right that second..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.