Ok Guys - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Conservative and Proud

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok Guys

I'm not a wife, girlfriend, etc.... I own a house with a friend (male, lil bro) and he's the baby of his family................... has no idea about real life and having to survive..... Am I asking too much for him to actually HELP around here? PAst what he thinks is CLEAN? my other roomy is the baby too! MY GAWD do you see my dilema?

My friend RAndy got all sorts of pissed of at me saying wtf did you buy a house with him? right now, i don't fricking know. except for the $$ and the fact that he was tied in to half. SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT IT MYSELF like i was already qualified for.:rant:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

I'm sorry to say, but yes you should have bought it yourself!! THEN you could take in "roomies" BUT they would be more "inclined" to live by your "rules of cleanliness". What exactly is the problem? You should be able to reasonably explain to him since I'm guessing he is an adult that he is expected to clean up after himself, put dishes away, if he doesn't make his bed everyday fine, but close the bedroom door, etc.... And put the seat down, wipe his/their own pee of the toilet rim EVERY TIME!!

Need more advice? Just ask!!! I was raised in a family where I had 7 aunts (all uncles married in) and out of 13 grand kids there were 4 boys, me being the youngest grand kid!!!! Man it was rough, but I got some darn good manners!!!! (probably still get a switch if I didn't display them in front of granny!!!!)
Old 07-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

Sounds like you need to let him have the house and all of the payments or kick his butt out in the street and take over everything yourself like you should have done in the first place.
Good Luck!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:43 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
Sounds like you need to let him have the house and all of the payments or kick his butt out in the street and take over everything yourself like you should have done in the first place.
Good Luck!
You're not asking too much...
Old 07-25-2007, 05:47 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee34 View Post
I'm not a wife, girlfriend, etc.... I own a house with a friend (male, lil bro) and he's the baby of his family................... has no idea about real life and having to survive..... Am I asking too much for him to actually HELP around here? PAst what he thinks is CLEAN? my other roomy is the baby too! MY GAWD do you see my dilema?

My friend RAndy got all sorts of pissed of at me saying wtf did you buy a house with him? right now, i don't fricking know. except for the $$ and the fact that he was tied in to half. SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT IT MYSELF like i was already qualified for.:rant:
I am married and let me tell you the rules of my house. She cleans, ie she does the laundry and cleans the house, takes care of our son. My job is to cook dinner, take care of the yard work, keep the 3 vehicles running, and take care of the bills. So I will never clean the house. Why because if you look at the list I already take care of my fair share.

But for your dilema tiff, just split up the duties of the house. That is the easiest way to do it. If you don't have one yet buy a dishwasher it will pay for itself in the first month.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:54 AM
Learning the 6.0 game…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post

But for your dilema tiff, just split up the duties of the house. That is the easiest way to do it. If you don't have one yet buy a dishwasher it will pay for itself in the first month.
I think the problem she is having is she tried to split up the duties and only her half was getting done!

There is always the option of buying him out!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:58 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenmalards View Post
I think the problem she is having is she tried to split up the duties and only her half was getting done!

There is always the option of buying him out!
Here is the problem with buying him out. Yes she could buy him out. But if he refuses to leave then she has to go through the 30 day eviction. Because she would not be purchasing the home from him as she is half owner. So if one of the two parties decided to buy the other one out. The other one could still stay there because they are a legal tenant of the house. There for the other person would have to file for eviction starting with a 30 day notice to quit. If that don't work then the whole eviction process would have to take place.

Just putting out that info for you Tiff so you know.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 AM
Conservative and Proud

Seven... You are a rare breed!!!!!!!!!!

House has a dishwasher.... and even if the duties were split up... wouldn't matter since everything done by other parties is half-assed! I honestly thought that lil bro would mature and be game for improvements since it would only increase his money too! Unfortunately, I was wrong. And the more time that goes by the more I become :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: and I don't like being like that.

And BC, wanna know who mows the lawns on a regular basis? Wanna know who vacuums and scrubs the floors? Wanna know who cleans the garage? Wanna know who cleans the windows (inside and out)?

Needless to say.....might have forgo the toy hauler and another quad (4-stroke) at the beginning of next year and buy him out! Meanwhile need to find some positive ways to keep my sanity!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:14 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Let me guess you do it all Tiff. Well you know it may bother you alot but stop doing it. I did that with a roommate once it worked great. I didn't do nothing for like a month besides take care of my room and my laundry, I was not there to eat, I spent most of my time in the garage working on something. So finally my roommate at the time figured out I was not cleaning up his crap or his house. I could have moved out since I was actually his roommate. But I couldn't afford too. So finally one day I came home from work and needless to say he had the house spotless. He finally got tired of it being a mess.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

ok first ?, how old is he? cuz ive got 2 little bros 20-21 and holy h### great kids but wow that generation has a different mind set, 1 of my bros was raised by MY DAD, the other was not, but they are almost xactly the same, so with that in mind i would think he needs a little "pep up" talk cuz he doesnt realize how good he's got it!!!!!!!! good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.