turbo v-6 mustang? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
turbo v-6 mustang?

i saw a guy driving a new body style mustang tonite. he had what appeared to be the hood from a mach 1 mustang on it. it had a single exaust with a really funny lookin pipe right before the muffler, definitley not stock, but not loud at all, and on his trunk he had a turbo badge, written in cursive like one from a mitsu eclipse. i could hear a very faint turbo, hardly there. i didnt race him because we didnt get a light together but he was following me and was able to pull on me a little. i am pretty sure they arent production, weird
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2007, 05:55 PM

a turbo pony??? i LOVE to see that!!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Serving Our Country!

There was an episode on Horsepower a few months back where they put a turbo further back in the exhaust. I didn't get to see the whole episode but it was interesting. They said that you lose a little bit of power from the turbo ut it wasn't much.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Banned

It's called rear mount turbo. It's a way to "hide" the turbo from direct view of a racer when poppin the hood. My buddy is putting dual rear mount on a 91 LX he is building up. I'm not sure how it would be worth the time and work on a 6er, I'm not a fan myself. I've always believed you have to start with something decent before you just go and blow money on it. Rear mount is nice, same effect, a bit more piping involved to running the turbo, but it replaces the muffler as a mechanical muffler.
This is a company that I know makes them. Not saying this was his kit, but here's an idea and more info.
Squires Turbo Systems - 2005+ Mustang Single

-nate
Old 07-14-2007, 11:54 PM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to SgtStroked7.3
i actaully just talked to my buddy about putting a supercharger on an 07 V-6. i dont know if i would put a remote mount turbo on a v-6 tho... seems like it would be sooo much more expensive.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStroked7.3 View Post
i actaully just talked to my buddy about putting a supercharger on an 07 V-6. i dont know if i would put a remote mount turbo on a v-6 tho... seems like it would be sooo much more expensive.
To my knowledge, a turbo is almost always more money than a supercharger. Difference can be from 500-2000 dollars. Just a quick glance online brought me these two numbers:
05-07 V6 Procharger P-1SC kit- $4280 from RPM Outlet
05-07 GT Turbo kit- 4995 from Turbo-Kits.com

So even though not a direct comparison, there are the slight price differences. I'd say, supercharge the V6. It's less work on your part if your building it yourself and the power numbers will be about equal over all. As you know with your PSD, turbos are sweet sounding and have power over a large curve, but the newest superchargers heard that advantage and are designed to do the same. So it's anyone choice now. Getting into high HP big torque mustangs, all turbo hands down, if not twin. Street cars... it's up to the owner IMO.

I hope my ramblings are of some help.

-nate
Old 07-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Serving Our Country!

Send a message via Yahoo to SgtStroked7.3
is there even a supercharger available for the 7.3? i have NEVER heard of anyone supercharging a 'Stroke. oh well, and yeah, i think we are gonna put the charger on the v-6, more power all over the band, no lag and they look cooler too.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:08 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtStroked7.3 View Post
is there even a supercharger available for the 7.3? i have NEVER heard of anyone supercharging a 'Stroke. oh well, and yeah, i think we are gonna put the charger on the v-6, more power all over the band, no lag and they look cooler too.
I don't know for sure but in the old days, diesels were supercharged, but from I understand they are illegal now, but thats just what I heard. The STS turbo is awesome, but not in the basic package. I've read and seen that you need to put down some serious cash to make that thing fly. The reason being the turbo lag because of the location of the turbo and the fact that the basic package only puts out 5 pounds of boost!!!! 2gs is a lot of money for 5 PSI
Old 07-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Screw that. I've seen the remote turbo's before. Why hide it. I wan't it to stick out so everyone can see it!! I know they free up room under the hood but that's the challenge. Making it all fit and look good!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:37 PM

There is a guy on turbomustangs.com with a 550 horse turbo v6 mustang.

Correction 587/601 @ 27 psi

Last edited by rpm-inc; 07-16-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.