Never again - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Never again

At the end of the day today...I went to feed, but felt a little too lazy to make about 4 trips with the tractor...so I got my dad's F450 out and loaded three 4X4X8 squares bales...that wasn't too smart...had one hanging off the back behind held up by nothin but the hyrda arms ...and they weigh around 2200# each...and also filled the hyrda feeder up on the truck, which has about a 2000# capacity...and it weighs around 500# itself...plus twenty five 50 pound bags of 18% calf grower...

So added up...that's about....10350#...not including the extra weight the hyrda bed itself anyways...all on them 4 back tires...I thought the tires were gonna explode ...and stopping it was sure a challenger...I didn't even think I was going to make it the 1 mile I had to drive going down the road...but the ol' Ford pulled through for me

...but...like the name of the threads says...i'll never do it again...it wasn't one of the smartest things i've ever done...haha...and i'm sure the truck didn't appreciate it at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Wow .... how much weight is that thing supposed to be loaded with? I think the weight wasn't too big a deal - just the distribution??
Old 07-09-2007, 07:28 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
whew doggie. That is insane!! Not trying to knock ya but that is a good way to bend axle tubes. Glad it worked out for ya though.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:30 PM

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
I haul 10,000 + on my F550 all the time these fords can do it.. the most I had on it was 13,420 lbs it was a big punch press loaded right over the rear axle... the old 7.3 felt the weight..lol
Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01F250 View Post
Wow .... how much weight is that thing supposed to be loaded with? I think the weight wasn't too big a deal - just the distribution??

I have no clue what it's supposed to be loaded with...haha...but I know I aint supposed to have more than 2 bales on it ...lol...the weight seemed like a big deal to me while I was driving it down the road ...haha
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnWayne View Post
whew doggie. That is insane!! Not trying to knock ya but that is a good way to bend axle tubes. Glad it worked out for ya though.
Go ahead and knock me, maybe that'll stop me from doing it a 2nd time ...I knew it was stupid before I started loadin it...haha...my mind was saying no but my body was saying "aw hell...go ahead and do it so I can go lay on the couch"
Old 07-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
hahahah
Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
well see, if you hadn't done it you woudln't be here right now
Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Wow.. that would be quite a load....

I think after hauling all that, I'd look my truck over very closely. Check for bent tubes, damaged springs, etc.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOBB View Post
Wow.. that would be quite a load....

I think after hauling all that, I'd look my truck over very closely. Check for bent tubes, damaged springs, etc.
it'll be alright...it's just a farmtruck...hell that trucks been slid into the manure pit before (thank God it was a cold day so it didn't sink down very far "...I did check the rear springs though...cause I don't want that bed gettin messed up...that bed is worth more than my whole truck...my dad's just waitin for that 450 to break down so he can get a different one I think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.