IronHorse +1 / Lexus SUV -A Few Grand - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Gun Nut

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
IronHorse +1 / Lexus SUV -A Few Grand

I'm driving home from work today and at a light, in a lane that goes under a toll road and turns right to get onto the toll road. I've got three lanes to my left that go straight under the toll road and one lane to my right that HAS to turn right. Going straight out of the lane to my right would crash you into the wall of the overpass. I'm at the front at the light and I have a Lexus SUV to my right. The light turns green and I take off and the Lexus to my right doesn't turn, it starts trying to force me out of my lane. Apparently they should have sized up the vehicle they were next to for the 30 seconds we sat next to each other at the light. I laid on my HORN'S (all of them) but they don't stop. They moved right into my front end and about that point I friggin lost it and turned right into 'em and gave it gas. I was flat out PISSED. We've now crossed the intersection and are under the toll road over pass. I've run my brush guard down the entire length of their vehicle. They're now in front of me and we're under the overpass. I stop and put my hazards on - they looked like they weren't going to stop (THAT would have been fun) but they did. Anyway the driver jumps out and it's a lady, she comes running back - course we've got traffic completely screwed up now. I'm checking out my rig and can't even find a scratch on my brush guard but it's dark under the overpass. She says she was so sorry, that she thought she was in the right lane and didn't mean to hit me (that's Houston speak for "dammn I didn't get away with it this time"). I guess all the big right turn ONLY arrows, the right turn ONLY signs, the WALL in front of her, the solid white lines.....OH and my HORNS weren't enough for her. She probably needs to take that up with the city of Houston because she's been wronged apparently. Anyway long story longer, I was very polite, told her she didn't hurt my vehicle, asked
about her's (she stopped 4 car lengths up that's why I thought she wasn't going to stop). She said it doesn't matter that it was all her fault anyway. I said alright and told her to take care and be more careful.
She got on the toll road in front of me, I was on the phone with my wife telling her what happened. The lady exited a couple exits after we got on and as I went by I looked over at her SUV and HOLLY CRAP!!!!!!! It was trashed. The scratches went all the way down and it was caved in where I'd gotten PO'd and turned into her.
Anyway - another lovely day in Houston. Here are the minor scratches on my IronHorse - you couldn't even imagine that this little damage could have done so much damage. I guess when I turned in the main pipe of my IronHorse shoved in the side of her SUV.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Emergency Services

haha..i hate people that drive like that..not to be sexist but it is usually a female driver, someone on a cell phone or a Q-TIP
Old 06-21-2007, 05:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

oooo thats awesome!! would have done the same thing, but dont have the bumper hardware like that!! glad your rig wasnt hurt
Old 06-21-2007, 05:59 PM
The Fat Mod

Q-tips, gotta love those. We get yours from down there coming up here all summer long. Sorry to hear about your scratch Alan. I guess that thing really does work. Wish you could have gotten pics of her car. Ya know, for "insurance" reasons Glad everyone was ok. Before I come to Houston again, I maybe need to order one of them there bars for my truck.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
HAHA. Glad it was nothing Serious Alan. Wish you woulda got pics of that lexus!
Old 06-21-2007, 06:29 PM

Awesome. Front bumper pays off-worth every penny
Old 06-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Q-tips, gotta love those. We get yours from down there coming up here all summer long.
go ahead and keep em all there it makes the roads safer here..got enough crazy imports driving like vin diesel the q-tips just add to it
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

cant wait to hit something with my ranch hands
Old 06-21-2007, 06:50 PM

I feel so safe in my crewcab. Seems like people are just a little more distracted now days. I need to put the cattle catcher back on.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
Dayum - being an insurance adjuster - that lexus is f****d!!! That is the case when one of those bumpers comes in handy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.