Internet Forum Arguements - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 05:43 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Internet Forum Arguements

Is it just me, or does anyone else get a little pissed about the little quables on some internet forums? I post on Neons.org - The best neon site on the net! some and it seems to me that just about everyone that posts, only does so to tick others off. So...I started my own little rebellion. I am purposely going to tick others off as my own little statement. I was known as the opinionated nice guy, but I'm now getting on other members' nerves, on purpose. I'm enjoying it.

This all started when I was trying to explain to another member that he should not have bought a short-tube header off of eBay. He should have gone with a Long Tube Header which cost twice as much, but is actually worth the money. (Short tube headers are worthless on 4 cyl gassers!) I made a comment about having one of the Long Tube Headers (that are awesome!) from a company that went out of business. Now, everyone is ticked off b/c I have it, don't want to sell it, and my Neon is not running currently. (One guy actually called me a nasty name b/c I refused to sell it!!! WTF???)

I just wanted to let you guys know. This will in no way effect my posting here on Powerstroke.Org. This place to too cool and would not want to taint it with grumblings on another site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2007, 07:41 AM
im fat and ugly

it wont ever get that way here
Old 06-02-2007, 07:52 AM
Banned

LOL.....you get kind of spoiled here, dont ya buddy!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The internet is more or less anonymous, so people feel like they can express things they don't have the cajones to in person or over the phone. True debate/discussion/disagreements all too often become "urination competitions"

This site is SUCH a relief from that. Great job leaders!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
That is the one thing that I have noticed about this forum and have stated to my wife many times in my short membership so far - This .ORG is all about the fellow orger and helping and having a good time - very rarely do we hear of arguments that are just "urination contests". It is great when people can offer they opinion and it simply be that - and opinion to take or leave. I feel that maybe this site is full of a more mature crowd

This site is a diamond in the rough and I am glad I bought my PSD and found this site!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:28 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
That's what I'm saying. This site is AWESOME! No one jumps on your throat for asking a question or anything. Over on neons.org, it's more about the "pits" or "tales from the road" than anything else. If a NOOB asks a question either no one helps 'em or yells at 'em. OR someone will ask for opinions and them get ticked when you don't agree with their POV. It's irritating. I'm still going to cause a little trouble over there...just b/c I can and apparently the MODs don't care either. If they boot me, boo hoo...I can still read the posts for tips when I get around to fixing my car...just about everything has been covered so it's all about the search function.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:40 AM
COLLEGE KID

Send a message via AIM to lifewitlooie
I like how, when Dumb-azzes like me ask questions noone is like... Go read a book and figure it out hahahaha
Old 06-02-2007, 09:00 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphelzer View Post
The internet is more or less anonymous, so people feel like they can express things they don't have the cajones to in person or over the phone. True debate/discussion/disagreements all too often become "urination competitions"

This site is SUCH a relief from that. Great job leaders!
urination competitions , is that the same thing as a pissing contest,
Old 06-02-2007, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
urination competitions , is that the same thing as a pissing contest,
Yup!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:21 AM

Anyone know where I can get a good long tube header for a Neon??

You are right on that Ditty. I haven't been on too many other forums, but it seems like most of them are about who can tell the best story and if you are not part of their little cliche, don't even bother posting anything. I feel like my money for the premium membership here is money well spent. For the most part, everyone here seems to jump in and help when someone needs it or will greet anyone coming in. It definately makes you feel better about posting a question or comment about darned near anything. I guess everybody can't be as cool as we are...lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.