Sacrifice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Infidel

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sacrifice

Being that this is Memorial Day please remember those that have served and those that are serving this nation. And please especially remember those who paid the ultimate price and the ones they left behind.
This was in an email that was sent to me and I thought I'd share it with y'all. Many of us who served in a war made it home, many of us lost friends, we will always remember. I won't speak for anyone but me, but Memorial Day for me is bigger than a sale at the mall or at the local car dealership. I bet it is too for this little guy as well.
Craig

It's been said that one picture is worth a thousand words . How many words is this one worth?

This amazing picture has drawn a lot of comments from readers of the Nashville paper, The Tennessean .
See letter below .
Dear Tennessean:
The Tennessean's April 5 photograph of young Christian Golczynski accepting the American flag from Marine Lt . Col . Ric Thompson is one of the most moving and emotion provoking images I have ever seen .
My wife and I attended funeral services for Christian's father, Staff Sergeant Marcus Golczynski, on April 4, along with our six year-old son, dozens of Marines, and several hundred others who came to pay tribute to this fallen hero.
As one would expect, many of your readers were touched by this incredible picture . Staff Sergeant Golczynski had previously served one full tour in Iraq . Shortly before his death on March 27 he wrote to his family that he had volunteered to do this a second time due to our deep desire to finish the job we started . In his letter he said, "We fight and sometimes die so that our families don't have to . " Tragically, Staff Sergeant Golczynski had only two weeks remaining on his second tour . We look at the photograph of Christian every day . It is displayed prominently in our home . Our hearts ache for Christian and for all those who have lost loved ones in this controversial conflict .

Last edited by TexasR.N.; 12-02-2007 at 09:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Thank you for sharing that with us. This holiday touches me more then any other holiday. I have lost many friends and relatives that have served our country.

My grandpa earned a purple heart at Guadalcanal in WW2, my uncle was killed in the Korean War, I have a cousin who was killed in Veitnam, and one that was severely injured in Desertstorm. Then I lost a good friend while serving during this conflict in the middle east.

This is all besides the fact of myself serving for 7 years in the Corps. You can never say thanks enough times to the men and women that serve to protect us.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:42 AM
im fat and ugly

Thank You Craig
Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
Thank you for sharing Craig! And thanks to you all who have or are presently serving!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 11:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Thank you each and every one of you serving now and in the past.

I'm sure glad I'm not on the Eisenhower today. 90 plus degrees outside means about 110 in the main machinery room! Yikes.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:01 PM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Cool Post Craig.

God Bless Or Troops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Craig.. thanks for sharing. I think that we can never have enough reminders of what this holiday is really about. It's more than a couple of races in Indianapolis and Charlotte, more than the big sales, this is a day set aside to remember the fallen heros and their families who have sacrificed so that this country could become, and can remain what it is. They are the reason we can enjoy the races, they are the reason we have access to the sales.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.