Life Stories!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Life Stories!!

Well...i dont know about everyone else on here...but i love the good things in life!! The things that you could have never predicted....or that happened when you least expected it...or just flat out happened for a reason for the good......

SOOOOO...lets hear it...how you meet your wife...girlfriend...the unexpected but greatly loved child....the job that fell into your lap....whatever it may be...lets hear the happy stories of your life!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Well... I'll chime in here....

One of the best things that has ever happened to me was..... Finding Powerstroke.org!!!!!!

This place has been a rock to me in some down times. It's given me something to do when I needed a distraction. I am very happy to say that not only was this a place to visit, but the people here make it even better.

Another of my happy days was when the staff here honored me by asking me to become a moderator. It's a huge compliment to me that I am considered the right type of person to help make sure this site stays the happy, fun, family friendly place that it is.

The people here have become almost like family to me... I don't know what I'd have done over the last several months without this site, and the great people.

I'm not even gonna try to name names.. cause I would forget somebody... but all of you who I've chatted with, and who've been there for me lately....
Thank You!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 06:26 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Good story, Aaron!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Easy one for me. My wife and I tried for 7+ years to have a child, and were unsuccessful. It was an extremely emotional time. After the last failed attempt, we decided to adopt. Long story short, we adopted the love of our lives in April 2006 from the midwest. The work and grief were totally worth the result. Our baby girl just turned a year and we're having soooo much fun with her.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:57 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
March 13th 2007 11:00pm was the happiest day of my life so far. My baby boy was born on that day at that time.

Oct. 21st after working 16 hours, I went home showered and then went and got married. Then I went back home and went to sleep until about 11pm when I woke up and went out and partied.

Sept. 20 1996 Graduation from Marine Corps Bootcamp. Nothing compares to this. Unless you been through that hell yourself you can not imagine the feeling you have when you graduate from this 13 weeks of hell.

June 4th 1996 Graduation from Highschool. After 12 years it was over.

So far in my life those dates always come up as the most happy days of my life. As well as my most memorial days as well.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:06 AM
The Fat Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
June 4th 1996 Graduation from Highschool. After 12 years it was over.
Scott, were you in high school for 12 years
Old 05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Scott, were you in high school for 12 years
well lets see I graduated in 96 there are 12 grades, each year school started on Aug. 28th or close to it. School year ended around June 10th every year. I started school at age 5 kidnegarden in 1982-83 school year. So actually it was 13 years because I graduated at age 18 in 1996. I never flunked or was held back at all through out my career in school.

I was only in Highschool for 4 years 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th grades. The other 8 years got me to highschool.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 AM
HardLuck Case of the Year

Send a message via AIM to Ditty Send a message via Yahoo to Ditty
Here is my ATTEMPT at a heart-felt story:

In the summer of 2005, I was living and working in Misawa Japan and up for orders. All that was availible was Fort Meade, MD. I wanted Medina, TX b/c it's 2.5 hrs from my parent's house in TX and I'm sick of missing out on all the family stuff. Well...I talked to the detailer (guy who gets me orders) and they are sending me to Ft. Meade. I tell them, "Fine! You just lost my re-enlistment.) Well...I was here for almost a year and my buddy Ben and I were pretty heavy into going to this one bar all the time. One weekend in August we decided to take a break from that bar and see what else was availible in our area. We went to a really crappy bar down the road (Sonomas, AKA SUCK-nomas). While there, this girl he meet a few weeks before called and invited us over to her house to hang out. When I got there, little did I know, I was about to meet the love of my life. She had her friend there and we totally dug eachother. That was in AUG 06. We have been going strong for 8 months now and I love her 1000%! I dunno what I would do w/out her in my life. I'm almost TOO happy!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Infidel

I wouldn't say this was the happiest day of my life but it was pretty neat.....
When I came back from the original Desert Storm in 1991 we were on a TWA 747 flying out of Riyadh Saudi Arabia. After we had been in the air for a while the pilot puts out an invitation to come up and look around the ****pit.
I waited a couple of hours and then went up, other than the flight crew no one else was up there. The pilot ends up letting me sit in the left seat and takes a picture of me. So there I was at 35,000 feet "flying" a 747 over the Mediterranean Sea. It was a pretty memorable event.
Craig
Old 05-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Still Alive

Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
April 28 1996 The year I married my beautiful bride.

Sept. 21 1998: The Year my first baby girl was born.

June 21 2004: The year my second baby girl was born.

Lots of days along the way that I thought were more important than those three. I may have thought so in that frame of mind but in the long run those are three most important days of my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.