Fuel Prices - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Prices

Is anyone else getting as torqued off about fuel prices as I am? I have 4 other cars and the sons/ stepsons that drive them, besides my powerstroke, so gass prices are hitting me really hard. I'm only on a SS disability check, and have very limited income. I think it's time for the politicians to do more than talk about the problem.
I live in the mid south, and there are refineries all around us. Why should we pay for the mistake made by the oil company CEO's who pockted money over the last 20 years, laying off thousands of workers both refinery and construction/maintanance so they could take home a few million more dollars.
They should have been planning for the future, we all try to. The politicians should make the CEO's pay for this. But this will not happen since we all know where the politicians get their money.
And now I hear GE sold part of it's company to a Saudi owned company. Why not they have all the money. When we sold our oil, gas was $0.25 per gal. When we sell Saudi/OPEC oil it suddenly is worth $3.50. If this keeps up we will wake up some day, and all the companies in the USA will be owned by other countries.:bonk:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
it is ridiculous! Them veggie kits look better every day!
Old 05-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
Amen Brother! The day before yesterday it jumped 15 cents on regular, and today between 7:00 and 5:00 it jumped another 10 cents that's 25 cents in less than three days. I'm almost ready for another Boston Tea Party!! Only this time with oil companies and politicians being dumped into the drink.

Jim
Old 05-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to gbear
And if you think about it you get hit from every direction. The Fuel prices also reflect in the cost of goods and services all across the board.

Jim
Old 05-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
gasoline is crazy here, but to my amazement diesel has dropped another 6 cents to just under 3 a gallon. wonder whats goin on??? diesel is almost 20 cents cheaper than regular.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwalker29 View Post
gasoline is crazy here, but to my amazement diesel has dropped another 6 cents to just under 3 a gallon. wonder whats goin on??? diesel is almost 20 cents cheaper than regular.
Diesel is supposed to be cheaper than gas. it's easier to refine.
Old 05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

In the summer months the refinery adds butain to the gasoline mix, that's why gas is more expensive in the summer. There is no such addition for diesel so it should not go up. And yes the rising fuel cost hit all other products as well. Even though we know most products are delivered to the store by a diesel truck, the stores will jack up pricing every time "Gas" goes up.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
its all a friggen rip off anyway, i remember when diesel was 89 cents a gallon. no reason it should be so expensive now, we are paying the price because the oil companies are putting the money in their pockets, not into restoring and upgrading their refineries so when they break they are shut down for days or weeks.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

it's all a crock of sh*** and our food prices and everything else is going up because of it :rant: I also hear that a few other countries are paying 14-25 cents not dollars per gallon not to mention sending all our work over there and all our men and women fighting for our FREEDOM(thank you)!!!!!!!! time for a revolution fellas

Last edited by F-350MAN; 05-19-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 PM
one day at a time

just filled up my truck for $2.890 today, that's at my local COOP, usually about 10-15 cents cheaper on the interstate... Filled my wife's car with $3.299 unleaded as well. Dang!!! Diesel fuel should be cheaper, usually its higher by 30 or 40 cents. But its all outa control!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.