Mrs. Westcoaststrokin - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Still Alive

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to westcoaststrokin
Mrs. Westcoaststrokin

So today Mrs. West was out pampering herself for mother's day. Just trying to relax and have fun with her friend and enjoy the no kid time. Well about 2PM I get a call from her that something or someone busted out the drivers side window on her little pride and joy. Granted this happened while going 65 down the freeway!! She has glass all over her and needless to say is a wreck. Load the kids in the stroke and off we go (the whole time thinking it can't be that bad). Low and behold it was that bad looked like someone shot the window with a BB or pellet gun . So I rally the troops to get the car wife and her friend home. As we are standing on the offramp of the highway breaking the remaining glass out of the window one of Washington States finest goes blasting up the off ramp, finally decides that she is going to stop and then is more curious as to why there are 3 cars on the shoulder than solving what has happened.:rant: The capper on the day is that it was supposed to be relatively nice all weekend (AKA no rain). Thanks to one of our friends working in the auto glass industry the window will be fixed monday. Short story longer I just walked outside to smoke(I know bad habit) and looked at the sky and it is getting ready to rain.:rain: That figures I wash the STROKE and it rains. Anyways it has been a crappy afternoon. I will try to get pictures of the window off of her phone when she gets home and post them. Sorry for the long post but just had to vent!!! :rant:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Strokin' In Dixie-Land

Better days are ahead.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Still Alive

I hope there have more bad days than good in the past six months.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Serving Our Country!

First off I am glad that I am not hurt. Secondly that was scary as chit!!
Old 05-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Still Alive

So more info has come outa the wife. She sat there for probably 20 min before I got there and watched maybe 20 cars drive by with only one stopping to ask her if she was allright. Does this disturb anyone else. Cause I know that this sure as hell bothers me. This is only one of two exits to get a huge naval installation on the west coast!!! ??????????????????????????????????????????
STUMPED!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
Old 05-12-2007, 09:06 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaststrokin View Post
So more info has come outa the wife. She sat there for probably 20 min before I got there and watched maybe 20 cars drive by with only one stopping to ask her if she was allright. Does this disturb anyone else. Cause I know that this sure as hell bothers me. This is only one of two exits to get a huge naval installation on the west coast!!! ??????????????????????????????????????????
STUMPED!?!?!?!?!?!?!??
At first, the fact that no one stopped didn't surprise me. Heck you never know these days (I'm guilty of not stopping especially around Birmingham)........but being a military base nearby it does surprise me.

There is usually very little wrong doing around a military base and with the type of people around there (military types) help is usually not very far away.

Sorry to hear about that, glad the family is ok.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhpilot View Post
At first, the fact that no one stopped didn't surprise me. Heck you never know these days (I'm guilty of not stopping especially around Birmingham)........but being a military base nearby it does surprise me.

There is usually very little wrong doing around a military base and with the type of people around there (military types) help is usually not very far away.

Sorry to hear about that, glad the family is ok.
I am also glad than Shannon is all right this all happened about 8 hours ago and she is still picking glass out of her hair. I used to be the drive by kinda person but never again. I don't care how big the hurry I will always stop from now on!! How about one of those a**holes pick the remaining glass outa the window so that I coulda hugged the wife.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Premium Member

Hey, sorry to hear about the problem, glad everyone is OK, I find people don't want to get involved, Or sometimes just don't notice a problem, and some just figure that everyone has a cell phone nowadays, and the problem is taken care of. Technolagy can cause people to become more insensitive to other people and their problems. The main thing is the wife is OK.

Gord.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Glad to hear she is OK. Most people don't stop. I usually stop, unless I'm in the left lane on the highway doing 70. Then it is a little tough to stop.

Last week I helped an older couple replace a flat tire. I was in the truck. They had a minivan and the flat was on the front. I ended up replacing 2 tires. Moved the compact spare to the rear, and the rear tire to the front. I suggested he get the tire repaired/replacer ASAP. They weren't from around here. He asked me where was a good place to get this done as they still had several hundred miles to go. I said follow me to a store parking lot, which they did. I threw the flat in my truck along with both of them and we went to the tire store I use. I pull into the tire place and tell Rich I need a flat repaired and it's in the back of my truck. I remount the repaired tire on their minivan, put the spare in its place. He tried to give me $20. I told him to spoil his kids/grandkids with it. He shook my hand, said thanks and his wife gave me a hug, and a kiss on the cheek telling me lots of cars went by before I stopped.

Sorry for the long story.

Keith
Old 05-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Is it even worth it???

Send a message via AIM to ABOBB Send a message via Yahoo to ABOBB
Man that stinks Westcoast.

Hope things work out... and look at it this way.. tomorrow is bound to be better... etc.

Keith T... great job helping out those folks. Keep up the good work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.