Bmx? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
Bmx?

Any one ride BMX? The reason i ask is im going to get back into it but its been 7 years sence i was riding and i dont know whats good anymore lol. So any help or sites that my help me in my search would be great.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2007, 01:12 PM

yea I ride. Not seriously like I used to. Are you a racer? I ride mostly street and dirt jumps. Check out DAN'S COMP - BMX Bikes, Parts, Clothing, Shoes and Accessories! to get set-up. They are more corporate and have some haters so if you don't want to go down that road, you can try trendbmx.com in austin.(not sure bout the website, but google it)
Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
I like danscomp but everything they offer is so **** expencive, Back in the day i usedto race at a local track and started to get some spot light, but im so fat and lazy now that i dont want that i jus twant to street and jump, bs lke that. The only bad part about dans comp is that they dont offer GT bikes and thats what i want to go with.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:49 PM

I would probably just search craigslist till you find something your happy with. Sounds like you know what you want, and I know the bmx scene in texas is pretty happening so there should be plenty of stuff available.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM

My son races He loves it,(9 yrs old) he's moved up to intermediate after 4mos first time racing bicycles(8 firsts 2 seconds 2 thirds) he races MX also. Actually theres a couple sponsors lookin at him and hopefully in a few years factory racing so bmx is on the back burner for a while if it's got wheels and a motor nothing else matters to him. But if it keeps him out of trouble I'm happy and I just keep praying for God to keep him and all the kids in these sports safe. Sorry guys not braggin just a happy dad, anyway go to ABA.com and look for your local tracks
Old 05-09-2007, 07:23 PM

i raced for about 5 or 6 yrs, i still ride off and on mostly dirtbikes now but every once in a while i go hit some dirtjumps with my old riding crew...i have been seriously debating starting to race again, just localy though
Old 05-09-2007, 09:40 PM

Stoked for your son f-350man! I can tell you that no matter what it is, as long as they love it they are gonna stick with it and keep out of trouble. Being 20 now I know skiing/bmx/trucks did it for me and alot of my friends!!!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljefe View Post
Stoked for your son f-350man! I can tell you that no matter what it is, as long as they love it they are gonna stick with it and keep out of trouble. Being 20 now I know skiing/bmx/trucks did it for me and alot of my friends!!!
thats good to hear It's been in my blood since I was a little kid so I think he's pretty much hooked my daughter is the same just not as intense more just fun for her,and the wife is all for it so we are blessed to be able to do it as a family, not much of a ball sport kinda family. even 20 is a hard age just be smart and you will see another 20 I just turned 4........0 :pray: thank God I made it...lol Hoping to see another 40

Last edited by F-350MAN; 05-10-2007 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-350MAN View Post
My son races He loves it,(9 yrs old) he's moved up to intermediate after 4mos first time racing bicycles(8 firsts 2 seconds 2 thirds) he races MX also. Actually theres a couple sponsors lookin at him and hopefully in a few years factory racing so bmx is on the back burner for a while if it's got wheels and a motor nothing else matters to him. But if it keeps him out of trouble I'm happy and I just keep praying for God to keep him and all the kids in these sports safe. Sorry guys not braggin just a happy dad, anyway go to ABA.com and look for your local tracks
I did the same BMX got to slow and i decided to move to something that was alil faster pased,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.