Pismo Beach? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pismo Beach?

just wondering if anyone here goes to pismo beach? What is the setup, such as camp out, swim, bbq, drink? I have been wanting to go and am hoping sometime this summer. Never been off-road before, figure I would start here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2007, 03:28 AM

i want to go there but it will be a while before i can
Old 05-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Never been to Pismo, only Imperial Sand Dunes. Sorry, bud. I do know there are others on here that have been.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Im there alll the time lol... love that place. def smaller then glamis but its soo much nicer.... not as hot and unlike glamis if you need to go buy something everything is like 5 mins away. you will have to make reservations unless you want to do what i did once and drive up their and they were all booked for overnight stays so i drove back out that same night... lol it sucked ***. were trying to plan a pismo cali meet this july... im working on a date right now but ill be posting it soon.... what part of cali you from?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Conservative and Proud

F250Gal goes there all the time too..... I'll send her the link for this thread.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to F250gal Send a message via Yahoo to F250gal
Cool

HI, yes it is me, F250GAL....and I do go to PISMO alot. At my webshots page there are lots of photos of PISMO....

I agree, GET RESERVATIONS before you drive over there. Schedule your arrival for low tide, and make sure you air down your vehicle and trailer tires on the way in. That way you wont get stuck. I usually go 15 on my trailer and 20 on my truck.

Pismo can be lots of fun, haul in your favorite bbq pit, bring wood for a campfire, drink beer, or break out your blender and make your favorite mixed drink. Yo Banana Boy sells water, wood, ice etc. They will also come pump out your trailer etc. and Love to camp will rent you a trailer if you dont have one.
You can swim at Pismo, but there are strong undertoe currents, and it is not advisable unless you are a strong swimmer, surfer, jet skier(yes jet ski's go there) or wind surfer. It can, and does get windy on occasion. If you have side boards for along the ocean side of your trailer....bring them. You may not need them but it is better to have them than to have to dig alot. Did I mention to bring a shovel? Yep, bring one, just in case. There are lots of people that will be willing to help you if you get stuck. Most folks are pretty friendly out there.

Now if you dont want to camp on the beach, there are a few camp grounds around, you just have to haul your toys to the beach.

I live close enough to do day trips. More often now that I am officially retired. I pull my 30' box trailer out there, air down, lock the hubs, and park above the high tide line. We pack a lunch, and snacks, spend the day, then pack up, air up and head for home.

My next big trip is a two weeker, the last week of June and the first week of July. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to it.

I dont take my truck into the dunes, but it does tow to camp and stay on the beach. Some of my grown kids drive their trucks all over those dunes.
My only suggestion is to make sure you lock your hubs manually upon arrival to the sand. One of my daughters learned this the hard way....TWICE.....

Oh and if you dont have toys, IE quads, sand rails....you can rent them on the beach.
If you want into on Pismo...go to Friends of Oceano Dunes :: Access For All™

OK, I rambled enough, let me know how it goes.....Norma
Old 05-10-2007, 10:22 AM

Well said F250GAL. Pismo is great. I'll be gone all summer but we'll drop you a line before we come up in the fall.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Conservative and Proud

You rock Norma!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:14 PM

Hey peeps,

I am in by SF, so up north. I would have to reserve in advanced. How are NORMAL weekends down there, as opposed to Holiday weekends? I ask because, I am usually at Lake Berryessa for the Holiday weekends boating. I suppose I would have to go with some buds, in case I do get stuck and what have you. I have never really been offroad, much less sand dunes. I am sure, me and my truck would have a lot of fun. Definitely looking into planning a trip.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i think you would do fine with those size tires... just air them down and youll be good... my brother drives a 2500 2wd on 37" tires and he doesnt really get stuck.... but he airs those puppys down a lot... let me know when you plan to go... early july sounds good to me then we can meet up with f250gal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.