Truck Suggestions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Off-Topic Discussion of All Non-Related Topics

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LakeMaryKid
Truck Suggestions

I can't seem to get much of a response on other forums. Well I'm looking to buy a new daily driver pick up truck. I am having a hard time deciding what i truely want. I am not brand loyal or any of that bull****. A truck will run and drive as long as you maintain it. You take care of it and it will take care of you. Yes some are more problem proned than others, that's why you do your research, but they all have problems at some point. My set in stone specs on the new truck is 4wd and 4 door and gonna say 20grand max. On a gasser 75k miles or under and on a diesel 100k or under. I'm looking for a truck to drive out of state for hunting and trips along with drive it to work every day and pull my boat or hual my 4 wheeler on the weekends. I want to try and stick to Chevy, GMC or Ford. I do not like Dodge's interiors or the trucks themselves. What i get at most will get a leveling kit and slightly larger tire and chipped but not dogged. I may start running my truck now in the mud runs so it may pull that too. Here is what i have considered.

Chevy/GMC 2500 Diesel 04.5-05 LLY motor . Only major issues with these motors are they have an overheating problem when towing heavy. Problem is fixed by new elbow on the inlet. Transmissions are good and can handle decent power

04 maybe preferably 05-07 Super Crew 150 with 5.4 . Siezed plugs, window regulators

250/350 05-07 SuperDuty with the 6.0. Headgaskets problem/warped heads. Good trannies can handle good power. Can't find the 7.3 with low enough miles.

1500 GMC/Chevy 4 door 5.3 - Sit very low, good motor

Looking for everyone's opinions on what would be a decent truck and what they would buy under those circumstances if they were buying.

-Curtis-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

How heavy is the mud rig gonna be when on a trailer? I personally have spent a bunch of cash buying and selling trucks that I thought I wanted. Had an 03 F-250 4x4 CC short bed 7.3 with under 100K on it that I bought and sold. Then the 03 King Ranch Dually 4x4 CC with 90K on it was bought and sold.My now run around truck is a 97 F350 4x4 CC long bed. I really like this truck the most out of all the ones I have had in the past years and it has 311K on it. Go figure. JJ
Old 01-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
F250 with a 7.3, definitely dont get a half ton if you wanna do some real pullinnn.
and ya the duramax is good but i dont see many of em to be honest..
Old 01-26-2010, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to LakeMaryKid
Figure the rig in my signature plus a trailer. The 6.0 SD's really have me skeptical. They can be had for good prices and are a dime a dozen but the heads are quite nerve racking. Been doing lots of searching on here and even looking at the DIY Head Stud Threads. I want to get a reliable truck that i can jump in and just go across the country on any day i choose.

-Curtis-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.